Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The future of BA at T7 JFK

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2020, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
The future of BA at T7 JFK

Has anyone heard whether BA plan to return to T7 before it is closed and demolished?

Pure speculation on my part, but by the time “normality” returns on this most lucrative of routes, it will almost be the moment for BA to undertake its long awaited permanent move to T8 (where they are right now anyway on a temporary basis).

Sad to say, because I loved the CCR and the wonderful staff, but I suspect BA will never return.....
Old Nov 22, 2020, 8:28 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
BA are already back in T7 now so your question is moot I'm afraid.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Further information about the planned move is contained in this thread (original plan was for BA to remain in T7 until 2022; it seems somewhat doubtful that they will hold to that schedule):
BA to move into T8 at JFK
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:27 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Further information about the planned move is contained in this thread (original plan was for BA to remain in T7 until 2022; it seems somewhat doubtful that they will hold to that schedule):
BA to move into T8 at JFK
Sorry out of interest - do you meaning bringing forward or pushing back? Cheers
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by londonba2014
Sorry out of interest - do you meaning bringing forward or pushing back? Cheers
Pushing back. If they weren't going to hold to that schedule and bring it forward I'm not sure why they would have moved back now.
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 2:16 pm

Programs: BAEC
Fab. I have a JFK coming up in April - keen to say farewell to T7 one last time; it’s one of the few BA hubs with a lot of history attached!
Genius1 likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by londonba2014
Fab. I have a JFK coming up in April - keen to say farewell to T7 one last time; it’s one of the few BA hubs with a lot of history attached!
Is it really a BA hub, though?

rb211.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 2:23 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by RB211
Is it really a BA hub, though?

rb211.
BA will see it as such yes. On any LHR-JFK (Except the last one of the day) typically 40-50% of travellers are connecting at JFK to codeshares. While the onward connections are on different metal, its still an important connection point, in recent years probably more than LGW has been.
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Where do you get the information about the percentages of customers transferring at JFK, in my experience looking at the numbers on my flights I would say it’s around 10%?
Old Nov 24, 2020, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Where do you get the information about the percentages of customers transferring at JFK, in my experience looking at the numbers on my flights I would say it’s around 10%?
I agree; in my last role at BA I worked on a project to improve transfer at specific gateways for baggage and JFK was, surprisingly enough, a low uptake station for onward travel. The numbers at ORD, DFW are 2-3 times those at JFK; even MIA, LAX and (surprisingly enough) PHL have higher %s. These are numbers from 2015-2018.
LondonElite likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 3:36 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Same place as you, however I acknowledge my pool of research will be smaller. I must been investigating particularly transfer rich flights, or maybe as im often looking at school holiday travel that may have skewed the figures.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Same as me, do you have access to the PIL as shown on the I-pad?
When I had access I would look at the connections and there were very few at JFK.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 5:01 am

Same as me, do you have access to the PIL as shown on the I-pad?
When I had access I would look at the connections and there were very few at JFK.
The number ls also on the Dashboard (Connections on from)
Old Nov 24, 2020, 5:39 am

Programs: GGL
Anecdotal evidence leads me to conclude that most CW passengers on LHR-JFK are transferring to LAX on their way to HNL.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That’s right I forgot that, my opinion wasn’t based on the Dashboard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.