Wiki Posts
Search

Using avios for aa travel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2020, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA executive club, AAdvantage
Using avios for aa travel

Can I use avios by calling ba agent to book award travel listed on American airline site lax-Dub 6 oct 2021 as follows: lax-phl aa1799, phil-dub aa 722? And what are current cx policies for ba in relation to avios? Still only the service fee for ticket?
Old Nov 20, 2020, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
The award availability would need to be available on BA.com I understand
Old Nov 20, 2020, 7:03 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
According to ExpertFlyer there is AA MileSAAver availability on those flights in economy and premium economy so you should be able to book it on BA. You may have to call if it's not showing on BA.com and the BA agents should be able to book it for you.

Prospero likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA executive club, AAdvantage
What is expertflyer? Another website? That is awesome. Thanks so much for info. At the time I posted, it looked like they still had business/first on aa... but I know things move fast.

again, thanks for confirming the little I know in theory, but not practice bc I’m not actually a business traveler, but try to buy and use points for upper class international flights.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by happytravelskh
What is expertflyer? Another website? That is awesome. Thanks so much for info.
At the time I posted, it looked like they still had business/first on aa... but I know things move fast.

again, thanks for confirming the little I know in theory, but not practice bc I’m not actually a business traveler, but try to buy and use points for upper class international flights.
Because a flight is available for a cash sale does not mean it is available for an avios award

https://www.expertflyer.com/
FT threads
ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread
ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.