Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

praise of good phone service (booking of return of 2 for 1)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2020, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Gold

Just a message to complement the service i got last night.

Called the US number at 23.40 UK time got through at 23:50 explained to the chap on the phone what i was wanting to do (add a return from JNB). He put me on hold then at 00:01 said he had got the seats, Call ended at 00:05 with avios taken and flights visible in manage my booking.

The extra tax hasn't been charged yet to my card - assume this happens when they reissue the ticket?

Very good service.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 5:10 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Did you get the name of the guy helping you? - If so, I am sure he would be very happy if you submitted a few kind words through ba.com/welldone
peter.r.erskine and Anonba like this.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Gold
Yep i did - and have submitted.

Was really impressed. Was thinking it was going to be long, painful and fruitless late night call.
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 5:42 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by London21
Yep i did - and have submitted.

Was really impressed. Was thinking it was going to be long, painful and fruitless late night call.
Great to hear - in these horrible times, people working in the service industries need all the praise, encouragement and help they can get
London21 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 9:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Regarding payment, when we did the same back in July the additional tax+fee payment wasn't taken until mid-September roughly 8 weeks after the phone call. I presume a backlog in the adjustments office. Hopefully someone will have a more recent data point than that!
Old Oct 28, 2020, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Indeed. Last few times, although waited about a minute or so to get through to the Gold Line (rather than immediate), the people on the 'other end' were very good and efficient. Only slightly annoying issue is that they couldn't contact the back-room direclty unless the flights were <3 days away.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 4:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver
To be fair, I don’t think I’ve ever come across an (almost always NCL-based) phone agent who was anything less than helpful and friendly. Genuinely up there with Amex on that front. I obviously don’t blame them for the sometimes long waits or the limitations of the IT etc.
Anonba, Aledin and redpalmetto like this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 3:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Like Scots_AI, I've never spoken to anyone who has been unhelpful. Sure there is a bit of a wait sometimes but once you're through they're spot on. This is all the more impressive given the immense amount of pressure the call centres must have been under this year.

I just hope that they aren't rewarded with a wave of redundancies once covid, and their workload, settles down.
Scots_Al likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 8:52 am

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
I had some great service when calling up to use my FTV, we added a hotel to the trip and the chap was very good.

i went to complete the form in the link above and I notice he has an email address of @avios.com

Do BA employees have this suffix? Seems odd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.