Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Add AA Number to BA Avios Redemption Ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Add AA Number to BA Avios Redemption Ticket

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2020, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
Question Add AA Number to BA Avios Redemption Ticket

I have searched the forum and it appears this has been asked several times, but the answer in the past was that you could make this change on "manage my booking" which no longer allows the number to be changed.
I just made an Avios redemption ticket (F from SFO to LHR, then Club Europe from LHR to FCO) and am unable to select free seats for the Club Europe segment since I have no status on BA. I am a OW Ruby on AA and had hoped to add my AA number to the booking so I could select seats for free, but that option is greyed out under "manage my booking."

Any suggestions? One thread I found said I should have deleted the BA number from the reservation before booking it, but not sure I can do that with a redemption.

Thank you!!
Old Oct 23, 2020, 8:49 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Probably easiest just to call YouFirst?
Old Oct 23, 2020, 8:51 am

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
You can do it if you access your reservation through Finnair website.
goldengate likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by goldengate
One thread I found said I should have deleted the BA number from the reservation before booking it, but not sure I can do that with a redemption.
For future reference, of course you can. You simply make the booking for someone else who happens to have the same name as you but a different frequent flyer number (or no frequent flyer number at all). You do not have to book it for yourself (ie the BAEC member).

If you're in a Household Account, then you have to comply with those restrictions, of course, but I can't immediately see why the person with the AA number who lives in the same skin as the person with the BA number isn't part of the same household.
econ likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by palcsaky
You can do it if you access your reservation through Finnair website.
Thank you! That worked perfectly and took me about 3 minutes... easy and done. Thanks so much.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BTW, I can't get this to work on Finnair or on RJ.com anymore.

If anyone has another idea short of calling, I'm all ears.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.