Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Timescale for refund via Companion voucher cancellation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2020, 10:31 am
Original Poster

I wonder if anyone has experience on the likely timings to get funds back on to an Amex from a companion voucher cancellation that I made?
Points and voucher returned almost immediately but funds not 48 hours on. Not impatient but just good to know 👍
Old Oct 14, 2020, 10:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Richardc77
I wonder if anyone has experience on the likely timings to get funds back on to an Amex from a companion voucher cancellation that I made?
Points and voucher returned almost immediately but funds not 48 hours on. Not impatient but just good to know 👍
I cancelled a 2-4-1 booking on the 7th, Avios and voucher were immediate (indeed the agent on the phone made sure of it whilst she was on the line), she said the cash would be within 30 days and if it wasn't by then to call again to follow it up.
Richardc77 likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Many thanks that is very useful to know 👍
Old Oct 14, 2020, 11:18 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Lengthy thread here: How long for refunds to be processed

In short, a 'simple' booking that the agent could refund there and then should take a couple of days for Amex, a little longer for Visa/MC. If it needed to go for manual processing, then current timescale appears to be a number of weeks - our most recent manual refund was 42 days, after a quoted expected time of 21 days.
Richardc77 and Anonba like this.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I’ve had reward flights refunded within 72 hours since the start of March. However, any more complicated, amended bookings have been manual and a lot longer. If yours was straight forward I’d expect funds tomorrow. Good thread here How long for refunds to be processed
Richardc77 likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys, yes straightforward companion voucher cancellation, so fingers crossed for tomorrow 👍🍻

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.