Wiki Posts
Search

GUF for 1 and 2 extended again

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2020, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
GUF for 1 and 2 extended again

Sorry if this has been raised already - but just noticed some of my GUF 1 and 2 which with the first extension expired Dec 2020 have been extended again by 6 months. They have new expiry date of Jun 2021.
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 10:55 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Thanks for posting this, I see my GUF2 has been similarly extended. A welcome move.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
My "used" voucher for a flight in December (which will be cancelled!) has just received a second six month extension
Old Oct 13, 2020, 1:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
Thanks for posting this.

I just checked and my GUF1 and GUF2 have been extended again - saves me having to beg!
Old Oct 13, 2020, 3:10 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Interesting. Mine haven't extended - yet. Will keep an eye on them
Old Oct 13, 2020, 3:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I thought you would be used to being promised extensions and not receiving them by now
Old Oct 13, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Not mine either...
Old Oct 13, 2020, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
I have some that have not had another extension- I think it may be ones that will expire in the next 3-6 months.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 3:44 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by fatmac70
I have some that have not had another extension- I think it may be ones that will expire in the next 3-6 months.
Sounds feasible, mine was previously Dec 2020 after already receiving the automatic 6 month extension earlier in the year.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 4:23 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by fatmac70
Yep that's possible. Mine are Jun 2021 and Sep 2021 currently.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 12:11 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by KARFA
I thought you would be used to being promised extensions and not receiving them by now
Ouch
KARFA likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
Ouch
Now I am "emotionally detached", I can let these comments wash over me
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 2:09 pm

Now I am "emotionally detached", I can let these comments wash over me
sorry. I was being a bit mischievous with that one
ThatT1Feeling and golfmad like this.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 3:35 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
I called the GGL yesterday for a refund of a cancelled flight. This was booked with a FTV, which included a GUF1. I asked for a cash refund and the GUF1 back as a stand alone voucher instead of another FTV. BA was fine with this, however I have 2 x GUF1's and 1 x GUF2 due to expire in April, including the GUF1 just refunded. The agent mentioned in passing that vouchers due to expire in March had been extended but could not guarantee mine would be extended in April.

Has anyone had GUF1 / GUF2 vouchers extended recently? I have already had mine extended once by six months from October 2020 to April 2021.

If there isn't an extension I was just going to use them for a dummy booking with the method I think I will want to redeem them (cash vs. Avios) and then take a FTV to extend the validity date to April 2022. I really don't have any certain travels plans to book anything right now.

Last edited by Jase76; Jan 19, 2021 at 3:41 am
Old Jan 19, 2021, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by Jase76
I called the GGL yesterday for a refund of a cancelled flight. This was booked with a FTV, which included a GUF1. I asked for a cash refund and the GUF1 back as a stand alone voucher instead of another FTV. BA was fine with this, however I have 2 x GUF1's and 1 x GUF2 due to expire in April, including the GUF1 just refunded. The agent mentioned in passing that vouchers due to expire in March had been extended but could not guarantee mine would be extended in April.

Has anyone had GUF1 / GUF2 vouchers extended recently?

If there isn't an extension I was just going to use them for a dummy booking with the method I think I will want to redeem them (cash vs. Avios) and then take a FTV to extend the validity date to April 2022. I really don't have any certain travels plans to book anything right now.
Was the April expiry the original 1 year period or have the GUFs already been extended?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.