Will BA Change Our Flights?

Old Oct 8, 20, 3:31 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: London(ish)
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 522
Will BA Change Our Flights?

Hi all,

We had a reward 241 Fist booking in June to Dubai cancelled.

It was when they changed their policy which allowed us to book into commercial revenue inventory without the need for reward availability unto 365 days of the original booking.

We are happy with the outbound but want to extend by another couple of days.

I will call tomorrow to ask but I know most on this forum are slightly more up to speed than even BA hence why I'm asking on here.

Any idea whether they will let me change without the need for reward availability again?

Cheers
eugegall is offline  
Old Oct 8, 20, 4:34 pm
  #2  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 48,632
Originally Posted by eugegall View Post
Any idea whether they will let me change without the need for reward availability again?
They allow a single involuntary change in normal circumstances. The guidelines that gave you the rebooking past the usual 14 day rule is now called the Coronavirus - Principal Customer Guidelines and it too has the single involuntary change rule in it. So on that level I doubt you will get much further. It's occasionally possible that an agent will spot availability which is not online, but in normal circumstances that doesn't happen. On the other hand if there is Club availabilty space you can make a change for the usual £35 amendment fee per person and you will get some Avios returned as a result.
orbitmic and eugegall like this.
corporate-wage-slave is online now  
Old Oct 9, 20, 1:08 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,782
Originally Posted by eugegall View Post
Hi all,

We had a reward 241 Fist booking in June to Dubai cancelled.

It was when they changed their policy which allowed us to book into commercial revenue inventory without the need for reward availability unto 365 days of the original booking.

We are happy with the outbound but want to extend by another couple of days.

I will call tomorrow to ask but I know most on this forum are slightly more up to speed than even BA hence why I'm asking on here.

Any idea whether they will let me change without the need for reward availability again?

Cheers
The policy only applies if a flight is cancelled.

So if neither flight is cancelled then you would still need reward availability.
orbitmic likes this.
Anonba is offline  
Old Oct 9, 20, 2:06 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: London
Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Posts: 386
Originally Posted by Anonba View Post
The policy only applies if a flight is cancelled.

So if neither flight is cancelled then you would still need reward availability.
if your flight in F is ‘cancelled’ due to aircraft swap (but the flight without F still going) are you still permitted to change to F elsewhere without reward availability needed?
noFODplease is offline  
Old Oct 9, 20, 4:29 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,782
Originally Posted by noFODplease View Post
if your flight in F is ‘cancelled’ due to aircraft swap (but the flight without F still going) are you still permitted to change to F elsewhere without reward availability needed?
Usually with cabin closures you can be rebooked same route to a flight that has first class without the need for Avios availability.
noFODplease likes this.
Anonba is offline  
Old Oct 9, 20, 5:31 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Programs: BA EC
Posts: 69
Originally Posted by eugegall View Post

I will call tomorrow to ask
Good luck with getting anyone on the phone.
737Av8tor is offline  
Old Oct 9, 20, 7:33 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: London(ish)
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 522
Got through to the Gold line in less than 2 minutes.

Winning all round.

corporate-wage-slave was right. There was availability that wasn't online. Made a whole new booking for the exact dates we wanted, using the 50% off Avios deal too!

68,000 Avios and £1000 in taxes for a return in First for two people.

VERY happy with that!!

Thanks all!
krispy84 and Anonba like this.
eugegall is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: