Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Antigua flight and holiday.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2020, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Antigua flight and holiday.

Good morning all. Im hoping someone can help. In January of this year I booked Antigua flights and a Hotel with BA. I’m due to travel on the 2nd of November returning on the 12th.

The balance (£3200) of the Holiday is due to be settled by the 11th of this month.

My question, are the flights liable to go ahead? BA 2157 Nov 2nd and 2156 Nov 12th.

Thank you in anticipation.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 1:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
As far as I'm aware, all the Antigua flights operated as scheduled since it restarted (including mine last month). So unless there is some dramatic change in the next few weeks, they will more than likely operate.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Both BA 2157 on 2 Nov and BA 2156 and 12 Nov is scheduled to operate according to schedule.
vegnomeat likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Do you want to go ? It's a large balance amount to pay vs the outlay (presumably £300??) so far. There's much info on what your options are here Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Oct 6, 2020, 9:35 am
Original Poster

I’ve paid £1500 deposit so far, my issue is not wanting to settle the account and find out it doesn’t go ahead and I’ve a long wait for a refund. The resort website says it’s closed until further notice too. C’est la vie
Old Oct 6, 2020, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
So, if you would like to go, call BA Holidays, state that the resort is closed, and asked to be rebooked on an alternative hotel.

If the hotel is closed, you should be entitled to a full refund or a Future Travel Voucher as well.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Not Antigua, but St Lucia, and the OH has noticed one of our potential hotels is still closed. That might be financial collapse, or ability to meet local hotel regulations, but it’s certainly not uncommon.

The ball is in BA Holidays’ court to rearrange or refund. Good luck.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I’ve settled the account so it’s just a question of waiting for BA to contact me. I’ve given up trying to call them.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 9:00 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
Not Antigua, but St Lucia, and the OH has noticed one of our potential hotels is still closed. That might be financial collapse, or ability to meet local hotel regulations, but it’s certainly not uncommon.

The ball is in BA Holidays’ court to rearrange or refund. Good luck.
I know all the Sandals hotels are either opening now or expecting to end of the month, but of course could change. Now the state of emergency has ended for St Lucia you'd think a lot will be planning to open + the increase in BA frequency
T8191 likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Sprodo
I know all the Sandals hotels are either opening now or expecting to end of the month, but of course could change. Now the state of emergency has ended for St Lucia you'd think a lot will be planning to open + the increase in BA frequency
Our ‘usual’ boutique hotel has been open for ages, but sadly there’s ZERO BA Reward availability until next June!!

https://rewardflightfinder.com/searc...s_tier%5D=gold
Old Oct 25, 2020, 6:01 am

Programs: United: 1K, BA: Silver, IHG: Plat, Hyatt: Plat, Marriott: Gold, SPG: Gold, Avis: Chairman
Covid test?

We are traveling to Antigua on 31st. We had our mail-in covid test all setup and ready to go. This weekend (23rd), the Antigua authorities changed the rules and now no longer accept "at home" tests. Complete nightmare. Just trying to see if we can arrange a clinic test!

Had anyone done the CityDoc at home test? Does the results page show it was an "at home" test vs. in clinic?

Thanks!!
Old Oct 25, 2020, 6:01 am

Programs: United: 1K, BA: Silver, IHG: Plat, Hyatt: Plat, Marriott: Gold, SPG: Gold, Avis: Chairman
Originally Posted by T8191
Our ‘usual’ boutique hotel has been open for ages, but sadly there’s ZERO BA Reward availability until next June!!

https://rewardflightfinder.com/searc...s_tier%5D=gold
Strange. I booked during the reward sale and there was wide open space. Sorry to hear that.
Borislav Trifonov likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 12:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by travellermatt
We are traveling to Antigua on 31st. We had our mail-in covid test all setup and ready to go. This weekend (23rd), the Antigua authorities changed the rules and now no longer accept "at home" tests. Complete nightmare. Just trying to see if we can arrange a clinic test!

Had anyone done the CityDoc at home test? Does the results page show it was an "at home" test vs. in clinic?

Thanks!!
no way. Ive just ordered and paid fir our at home tests. Any link to this info?
Old Oct 26, 2020, 12:54 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by kingcole974
no way. Ive just ordered and paid fir our at home tests. Any link to this info?
https://visitantiguabarbuda.com/travel-advisory/

Are COVID-19 At Home PCR kit test results acceptable?

No. To be accepted, tests must be administered by a medical professional.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 1:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
https://visitantiguabarbuda.com/travel-advisory/

Are COVID-19 At Home PCR kit test results acceptable?

No. To be accepted, tests must be administered by a medical professional.
thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.