Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Cancellation of Avios redeemed flight on QR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2020, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold

Hi All,

I wanted to find out what potential options there are if I had booked a flight on QR using BA Avios. As it happens, my flight has been cancelled but I wanted to know whether I could change dates without there being the availability of award seats or in the case of no availability I will simply have to take a refund?

Thanks
Old Oct 1, 2020, 3:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Usually the outcome here is that you need redemption availability on the replacement flight. If the cancellation happened for travel in the next day or two then there may be some effort to liaise with Qatar to see if something can be done. Otherwise, as you suggest, it's a refund. BAEC treats non BA redemptions differently to those on its own metal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.