Community
Wiki Posts
Search

13 BA crew in HKG quarantine

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2020, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I’d like to think hospitals and old folks homes would be first in line for this technology rather than airline staff or passengers
I'm referring to BA buying this tech and using it privately. If my aforementioned Cypriot supplier can do that so could (and should) BA.

Whilst on the topic, I'd expect a so-called 1st world country to be able to provide tests to travellers AND old folk homes AND hospitals but the current events are proving that the UK is being incapable of doing any of the above.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 8:24 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Could BA have prevented this situation by having an intermediate/technical stop on the way to/from HKG so the crew would not have to overnight in HKG or Mainland China (don't know if they have resumed flights to PVG or PEK yet)? The US carriers have all added a technical stop on all their flights to HKG and PVG from the US Mainland precisely to not have their crew overnight in China or HK (DL and UA both now fly to PVG via ICN; UA flies to HKG via GUM or NRT while AA is stopping in NRT on the way to HKG); in addition, KL flies to HKG from AMS via BKK...in all these cases, the crew overnight in ICN or NRT or GUM or BKK where I believe air crew are exempt from quarantine etc., in order to avoid situations like this..
The flip-side of the coin is that you don’t have crew member potentially infecting the rest of the crew and a plane load of pax.
nmpls likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Confus
BA’s recent loads exHKG have been some of the highest on the network.
And with the inclusion of UK in the High-risk list, LHR-HKG flights prior to 1 October are very full

BTW the video by Ellie who compares her situation to a concentration camp and jokes about the menu is widely circulated in HK social media.
It partly illustrates the difference in the sense of collective responsibility among young people in Europe and in places like Singapore, Hong Kong or mainland China.
Of course, strict enforcement is also accepted, and even desired by most locals who feel much safer that way.
nmpls likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 8:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by brunos
And with the inclusion of UK in the High-risk list, LHR-HKG flights prior to 1 October are very full

BTW the video by Ellie who compares her situation to a concentration camp and jokes about the menu is widely circulated in HK social media.
It partly illustrates the difference in the sense of collective responsibility among young people in Europe and in places like Singapore, Hong Kong or mainland China.
Of course, strict enforcement is also accepted, and even desired by most locals who feel much safer that way.
Spot on. The attitude to compliance among western countries stinks.

If you've been in close contact for 12hrs with a CC member who is positive, why on earth would anyone think it's a good idea to have you on a plane for 12hrs flying in the other direction.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 8:44 am

BA should have cancel one of the BA32 flight n arrange to ferry these crews back to U.K. using that plane. If they have propose to HKG Gov, HK will gladly allow these crews to leave on an empty plane.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are pax getting any special attention? If HK is so strict to lock up entire crew at the very least they should arrange/require pax to test a few days later.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 9:29 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by azepine00
Are pax getting any special attention? If HK is so strict to lock up entire crew at the very least they should arrange/require pax to test a few days later.
All arrivals to HK are required to quarantine at home with a tracking band for 14 days. They get tested upon arrival at the airport and submit a test on day 10 as well.

From 1 October the UK is added to the list of countries where home quarantine is not adequate: you must quarantine in a hotel if you are arriving from the UK.

I find perspective interesting here. In HK this kind of incoming quarantine is expected and welcomed. People outside of HK don’t even know it exists.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 9:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
BA should have cancel one of the BA32 flight n arrange to ferry these crews back to U.K. using that plane. If they have propose to HKG Gov, HK will gladly allow these crews to leave on an empty plane.
Spoken as somebody who isn't paying the bill
Old Sep 25, 2020, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Agent69
Spoken as somebody who isn't paying the bill

Spoken as someone who doesn’t give a damn about the poor crew stuck there, how heartless and inconsiderate of you. How would you feel if you got incarcerated in a foreign country for 2 weeks for having done nothing wrong? Clearly some sort of contingency didn't work out as planned here and hopefully HK sees sense before sparking a diplomatic incident.

I’ve seen a few of your barbed comments towards workers on here Agent69, I feel tremendously sorry for anyone who has to work under you.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 11:05 am

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by neofung
Too many hong kong kids are studying in UK
And a four-letter word: LOTR.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HkCaGu
And a four-letter word: LOTR.
Lord Of The Rings?
Silver Fox, wrp96 and JayeJ like this.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by Schwann
Lord Of The Rings?
Leave Outside The Rule: Any family with one member of BNO status (passport current or not) can now live in the UK with proof of enough cash to last 6 months and TB free test results.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 12:31 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by GSTBD
Spoken as someone who doesn’t give a damn about the poor crew stuck there, how heartless and inconsiderate of you. How would you feel if you got incarcerated in a foreign country for 2 weeks for having done nothing wrong? Clearly some sort of contingency didn't work out as planned here and hopefully HK sees sense before sparking a diplomatic incident.

I’ve seen a few of your barbed comments towards workers on here Agent69, I feel tremendously sorry for anyone who has to work under you.
They agree to go to HKG and be subject to this.

I disagree with HKG approach but what makes this 'prison' for crew but perfectly ok for non-crew who get stuck?
Old Sep 25, 2020, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
There is more to this story!
EuropeanPete, wrp96 and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 2:10 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Can I help you
There is more to this story!
oh do tell you little tease

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.