Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confusing Booking Help Please!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2020, 3:46 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by eugegall
Thanks for the advice. For me, the price is showing as £198 as a new ticket purchase!
My experience from Monday is that you should be able to pay the difference between what you paid for ET and the current CE fare.

Caveat: the above is based on tickets eligible for the ‘Book with Confidence’ policy. When did you buy the original tickets?
Old Sep 23, 2020, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by krispy84
My experience from Monday is that you should be able to pay the difference between what you paid for ET and the current CE fare.

Caveat: the above is based on tickets eligible for the ‘Book with Confidence’ policy. When did you buy the original tickets?
We only booked a month ago or so.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll call in the morning and just ask for the price difference to upgrade.

Its not a big deal if we cant but we arranged his as a surprise and I know it would make it that little bit better for them.
krispy84 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 6:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Will being in economy sold as business vs being in economy really make any noticeable difference to them?

If the flight isn't too heavily booked, just select aisle+window seats and unlikely that anyone will choose the middle seats

Unless there is a reason , such as birthday present or special anniversary, are they going to end up feeling indebted for something that they wouldn't have purchased for themselves
Old Sep 24, 2020, 4:39 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by krispy84
Given the very reasonable CE fares available atm, I would phone up and ask about changing the fare class on the booking to club. From what was posted above, it looks like I9 on your flight (at least 9 tickets available in the cheapest CE fare class).
This is a good option, I recently upgraded my party of four from ET to CE on a LHR-WAW return. The app was offering a £99 each way POUG, but because we came under the BWC guarantee I rang up and the upgrades actually cost £49.50 per person, both ways. The total for four of us was £2 less than one person upgrading through the app. I've not told the others, it's going to be a surprise when we get on board
krispy84 and eugegall like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.