Search

BA’s Belfast Operations this Winter

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2020, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi.

Now that one flight in your itinerary has been cancelled you can cancel everything on that ticket.

You will need to call in though.

Regards

Tbs
Old Sep 18, 2020, 4:22 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
There are others on this forum far better versed on the topic than I am, but assuming that you have both flights on a single ticket from EZE-LHR-BHD with BA then yes. I believe in such circumstances that you are entitled to a refund within scope of EC regulation 261/2004 because a flight on the itinerary has been cancelled and the rerouting option you have been offered is not acceptable to you.
Hopefully more knowledgeable forum members will wade in here to confirm/correct this, but I'd say this is worth a call to BA.
Good luck!
Great news,
Thank you , will call sometime soon
Old Sep 18, 2020, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi.

Now that one flight in your itinerary has been cancelled you can cancel everything on that ticket.

You will need to call in though.

Regards

Tbs
T B S,
Thank you so much for confirming this for me.

Sentosa
Old Oct 2, 2020, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
So BA have altered their LCY-BHD service for late October and November.

They have reduced it from 3x to 2x daily (removing the planned nightstop). They have also retimed the flights so there’s now an evening departure from Belfast to London:

LCY-BHD

07:00-8:25
17:15-18:40

BHD-LCY

09:00-10:30
19:15-20:45

I guess if demand doesn’t pick up, this will be the schedule for the rest of W20.
MM00LL2 likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 1:45 am

The Heathrow night stopper has already returned this week which might be a contributing factor to not needing the CFE night stop?

BHD had a fairly healthy London service from IAG this week, the best since restrictions really started to bite. BA LHR is back to around 75% of pre-COVID ops with the 0920 and mid-afternoon departures to LHR seemIngly combined into single lunchtime departure. It will be interesting to see if this pattern rolls into the winter timetable.

Eg. from Belfast yesterday:
BA @ 0750 to LHR
EI @ 0845 to LHR
BA @ 1205 to LHR
EI @ 1320 to LHR
EI @ 1755 to LHR
CFE @ 1915 to LCY (some days this was a morning rotation instead)
BA @ 2010 to LHR (this operated at 2025 some
days this week)
Old Oct 3, 2020, 2:32 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
The first EI departure seems quite late, given that BHD is an EI crew base. I guess it’s due to slot availability at LHR. You would think they could find something slightly better in the IAG slot portfolio though.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by BrianDromey
The first EI departure seems quite late, given that BHD is an EI crew base. I guess it’s due to slot availability at LHR. You would think they could find something slightly better in the IAG slot portfolio though.
If I’m not mistaken the pilots are technically Dublin based and only cabin crew are Belfast based. Pilots have to position which may have been a consideration in slot choice?
Old Oct 3, 2020, 3:24 am

Programs: BA Silver, Le Club Accor Hotels Silver, Marriott Gold
The first EI flight appears to be retimed for the winter. Just had an email stating my flight EI930 on 31st October will depart at 07.35am. It appears to be a permanent change in the schedule for the winter. Funnily enough it's just the EI930/931 rotation which has been retimed. The other 2 rotations remain unchanged.

Another quick note it also appears EI930 is the only EI rotation on a Saturday from BHD over to LHR.
SHT88T likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by SHT88T
If I’m not mistaken the pilots are technically Dublin based and only cabin crew are Belfast based. Pilots have to position which may have been a consideration in slot choice?
They don't position, they nightstop in Belfast having operated from DUB via LHR.
SHT88T likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 6:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm located under the BHD flightpath and for the last few mornings (only), something has flown over around 5am. Nothing can land at BHD at that time so I assume that whatever it is, it's en route to/from BFS (via a less common route). Any ideas? Also, any news on the BHD lounge?
Old Oct 3, 2020, 8:10 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
Originally Posted by southsquare
I'm located under the BHD flightpath and for the last few mornings (only), something has flown over around 5am. Nothing can land at BHD at that time so I assume that whatever it is, it's en route to/from BFS (via a less common route). Any ideas? Also, any news on the BHD lounge?
Not sure what came in last few mornings but there is a path into BFS that seems to be used late at night, I assume when BHD is closed. Route is in from the south, up the Saintfield Rd, then over the city centre and out over the docks / Shore Rd to turn into the more usual path somewhere over South Antrim. Although flying over the city at a higher level, these seem noisier than BHD traffic, probably due to the lower levels of background road noise at night.

And on the EI slot issue, they have until now used the same morning slots since moving to BHD in 2012 (and perhaps before that). I don’t think they’ve ever had an earlier departure in the morning which is why I’ve never used them on a day trip to London.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 9:12 am
ECR

Originally Posted by southsquare
Also, any news on the BHD lounge?
It still seems to be closed according to their website, which is disappointing as most of the other Aspire lounges seem to have re-opened.

https://www.executivelounges.com/blo...aspire-lounges
Old Oct 3, 2020, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by ECR
It still seems to be closed according to their website, which is disappointing as most of the other Aspire lounges seem to have re-opened.

It’s a bit of a strange one that. Between them, BA, EI, EI Regional, Loganair, Eastern and KLM are now operating enough flights from BHD to sustain the re-opening of the lounge.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 11:14 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Hopefully the end of the furlough scheme will force some companies to rethink their never-ending closures
Old Oct 3, 2020, 11:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by ECR

Yep was through there last week and both lounges were closed as were all the airside restaurants. The only place to get something to eat/drink was starbucks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.