Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAG €2.74 billion Rights Issue

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2020, 10:08 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I will continue to comfort myself with the knowledge that, however much I have paid for my IAG shares, I will always have gained more from the days of the 10% discount on flights which those shares used to provide. So even if IAG ceases to exist, overall owning the shares was a net positive. Of course I would be delighted to see them back up at 600p again though
Markie, Stez and DaveS like this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by St Elmos Fire
That reminds me, I must check my Pan Am portfolio
Feels like that but what’s the point in selling this much down?
Old Sep 21, 2020, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Will100
Feels like that but what’s the point in selling this much down?
No point now... wait for them to soar!! We will come back to this thread in 4 years and smile (hopefully!)
Will100 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
No point now... wait for them to soar!! We will come back to this thread in 4 years and smile (hopefully!)
Lets hope so 😎
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 3:34 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
After today’s share price close is it worth taking up the options?
Old Sep 23, 2020, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by Skipcool3
thats ultimately for you to decide. They closed above the offer price. The shares have a lot of upside if there’s a recovery, but also a lot of downside if not!
Old Sep 23, 2020, 1:14 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
That all depends on whether you want them for a quick profit, or want to hold onto them for the long term.

I'm more of the later where I buy shares to salt away for the future. I'm hoping for some dividends every now and then, (some of my shares have paid for themselves via dividends over the years) and at some point in the next decade or two I may start to cash them in if I need funding. I'm sure there's some aggressive fund manager that could get a better return buy buying and selling daily different stocks, but by buying small parcels here and there, I'm avoiding their management fees, gaining a very eclectic and diversified portfolio that compliments my employer pension funds and other savings and investments.

Basically, it all boils down to the first question any competent financial adviser should ask - What's your attitude to risk? The second question should be - How much can you afford to lose. All the money I put into shares and some savings products I can afford to lose. I wouldn't want to of course, but if they did go to zero and the company collapses, then it's money I've spent and I won't get back. And that's my opinion of the options. I can hold them for the long term. I can afford to lose them if the value falls. I am not after a quick return.
Shingi, oxtailsoup and DaveS like this.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 1:20 am

Programs: BA Silver
I believe the cut off for exercising your rights was yesterday morning (22nd) at 9am CET.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Silver
Don't tell anyone who did not take up the option but IAG up 7% so far today at £1.09
Old Sep 24, 2020, 1:51 am
Original Poster

So my rights line on HL has disappeared today and not had any confirmation as yet.

anyone know when the new ones will be created to my account?
Old Sep 24, 2020, 2:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Petroleum
Originally Posted by Will100
So my rights line on HL has disappeared today and not had any confirmation as yet.

anyone know when the new ones will be created to my account?
It's all detailed in a secure message on the HL portal, which you'll have got a week or so ago. On or around 7th October. You'll also have the "rights issue application" listed in your list of stocks.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by St Elmos Fire
It's all detailed in a secure message on the HL portal, which you'll have got a week or so ago. On or around 7th October. You'll also have the "rights issue application" listed in your list of stocks.
Yes, so I do. Clearly I should read my messages (lol)
St Elmos Fire likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.