Community
Wiki Posts
Search

request re cilla black

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2020, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

request re cilla black

hello! wondered if anyone had any experience dealing with Cilla on BA? Would love to chat about it!
Old Sep 1, 2020, 12:13 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by curioushun
hello! wondered if anyone had any experience dealing with Cilla on BA? Would love to chat about it!
This must win the award for the oddest topic of the year
Old Sep 1, 2020, 12:37 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BOH
This must win the award for the oddest topic of the year
By far.....! Not even sure what it means
Old Sep 1, 2020, 12:41 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
I was hoping it would create a lora lora laughs!

She was known for being very demanding on board
choosethedrew, mrow and jonkx like this.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 12:41 am

Programs: BAEC
There's always a surprise surprise waiting for you in the BA FT Forum
choosethedrew likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 12:53 am

Programs: BA Silver
I seem to recall (years ago) on another cabin crew forum a whole thread dedicated to what a difficult passenger she was - requested not to be looked at directly by crew, had an assistant who made all her requests for her etc. No idea if it was true but there seemed to be a lot of crew who supported this impression!
Old Sep 1, 2020, 1:10 am

For a while I used to run tours of Waterside for new joiners, visitors, people who’d gotten lost etc. One of the things I’d been briefed to say was that Waterside and surrounding park had been built over an old rubbish dump where, amongst the many things, they had uncovered a few thousand copies of Cilla Black’s records.

Being an immigrant I had to Google her as I had absolutely no clue of who she was (or even how to pronounce her name).
Old Sep 1, 2020, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From people with first hand experience, she was every bit as challenging as the stories make out.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 1:38 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
From people with first hand experience, she was every bit as challenging as the stories make out.
Can never understand why companies pander to celebrities with egos the size of a bus who demand this and insist on that and virtually want their needs put above every other passenger on the flight. If someones needs are that ridiculous, just tell them to go and hire a private jet.

I used to work for a chap who had an ego very similar to Trump who used to get his PA to phone through to every hotel and taxi company a list of special demands. One favourite was whenever a taxi was needed to LHR from his home near Esher (10 miles!!) it had to be an A8, 7 series or S-Class, the driver was instructed in advance not to talk to him, the aircon had to be set at 19C at least 10 minutes before pick-up and the driver must wear a face mask for the duration of the journey (this is way pre-Covid). His PA was always embarrassed to request this, in the end pretty much every private hire company simply refused the business with some even telling his PA her boss must be an absolute knob
Old Sep 1, 2020, 2:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by curioushun
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum curioushun, certainly an interesting first post.

I only once saw her when flying and she must have been on best behaviour. But in the former Concorde Room in T4 she was the only celebrity whose name was total recondited mud. Just for being rude and unreasonable.At one stage she was being given special treatment in terms of movements around Heathrow purely to minimise her exposure to other people who she could offend. Most of the stars from that era, the working class guys and gals who made it big time from showbusiness or sport, were genuinely great travellers. Bob Monkhouse (Ok, he was an Old Alleynian), who had a home in Barbados, was at the top of the reputational tree, in terms of BA staff enjoying their time with him, but people like Richard Burton and George Best were well looked after by BA staff because they treated everyone with respect.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Sep 1, 2020 at 6:03 am
Old Sep 1, 2020, 2:22 am

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
Met her once at the luggage carousel in T1 years ago. Had a very pleasant chat for 5 mins or so. No personal assistant in sight. I hefted her case off the belt, she said thanks etc and that was that.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 2:31 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
I'd imagine OP is a journalist who has heard about Cilla's reputation.

What's interesting is there are a few celebs with similar reputations on BA these days, and you'll often hear them referred to as "the new Cilla".
Stormbel and armouredant like this.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I am suspicious of a first time poster asking such a question, I have never and will never discuss a customers behaviour, just because they are known to the public it doesn’t make fair game for gossip.
Fritz, RB211, Littlegirl and 4 others like this.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 2:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I am suspicious of a first time poster asking such a question, I have never and will never discuss a customers behaviour, just because they are known to the public it doesn’t make fair game for gossip.
Well if someone has passed on AND they had a good reputation, then I don't think it harms to reinforce that reputation. Plus you can't libel the dead. But professionally I'm sure you are well experienced to keep mum about some of the things you've seen.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 2:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by Can I help you
We much rather you'd spill the beans on Pucci...
EDIwanderer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.