Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'Your flight to X is busy...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2020, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by kaizenflying
We had this message for our flight to Rome last week - the flight was about 60% full. Most passengers had a free middle seat.
Also possible some were no-shows or they claimed their voucher at the last possible moment in the hope of a late cancellation.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 12:58 pm

Programs: M&S Elite+
Same message on our flight to ATH on Tuesday. The flight was 2/3 full and my laptop was the only thing in the overhead bins as far as I could see.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Most of my flights have been busy in the last few weeks. Was very surprised that our flight to KEF was nearly full earlier this week and the return is already Y2.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 2:32 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bhbloke
Was talking to Cabin Crew on my very empty flight back from Ibiza on Monday evening.

They were telling me that Turkey and Greece flights are packed. Think he said he'd done a Bodrum run on the Friday or Saturday and CE was back to the Emergency Exits.
Thats my experience, Athens on Saturday - CE back to emergency and 90% full. Istanbul to LHR today, same.
Both offered checked bags for carry on
Kos tomorrow. Same email, I’m guessing loads and CE size is the same
Old Aug 13, 2020, 2:35 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Received the same message on Sunday for my flight to GLA on Monday. They weren’t wrong!
Old Aug 13, 2020, 2:49 pm

The LHR-EDI seemed full this evening. The guy doing the announcements at the gate was saying things like “no more bags” and “check it in” to speed up boarding. He sounded happy to be saying these phrases. I saw no one actually taking the bags.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 2:52 pm

Our flights to and from Rome last week were full and got this message in both directions.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 3:34 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by ratechaser
I'm expecting this message for our flight to JTR. And the return on the 29th looks virtually sold out...
I'm outbound to JTR on the 29th, also looks very busy
Old Aug 14, 2020, 2:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Had these messages for a recent return to MRS (Marseille), both flights were absolutely full in Y with only four rows of club. Certainly no spare seats in Y.

Given the UK quarantine announcement last night, I suspect that the route is less likely to generate such emails in the coming weeks...
Old Aug 14, 2020, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by firstlight
FCO
... and as a datapoint the flight is indeed at about 85-90% capacity. Theoretical seating kept the exit row seat next to me clear so it wasn't completely rammed...
Old Aug 14, 2020, 2:39 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Mike P
I'm outbound to JTR on the 29th, also looks very busy
JTR and JMK I find are two routes that are reliably busy (and CE heavy) in a normal summer, definitely two of the most profitable routes per passenger. Right now BA is keeping the load factor up by not running JTR every day and as a result I imagine it is one of a very limited number of routes that is not just generating cash to cover outgoings but actually making a profit!

My JTR flights a few weeks ago were pretty full, it looks to be the same for the bank holiday weekend too, unsurprisingly.
ratechaser likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 2:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
DBV full this morning. But no problem with overhead space.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 5:47 am
A13

Programs: BA Silver
Got this message for my flight to INV today.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 1:06 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
And this morning’s BA1477 GLA-LHR

Old Aug 16, 2020, 4:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
Never got this message on either of my recent flights (LHR-NCE, NCE-LHR). Both flights almost full and had high loads in Club (12 rows on both occasions).

​​​​​​No faffing around looking for space on board either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.