Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Warsaw (WAW) mini-DO [rescheduled to Saturday 23 October 2021]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2020, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TPJ

Photo credit Good Free Photos

Transport
BA flies twice daily from LHR Terminal 5 to WAW Chopin Airport, economy starts from £70 return, club from £205.
LO flies twice daily from LCY and three times daily from LHR, economy starts from £90 return, business from £300.
Low cost carriers include FR flying from STN to WMI and W6 from LTN to WAW.

Warsaw mini-DO #1: 23 October 2021

Please fill the form if you plan to attend the DO.

Venue
Hala Koszyki @ 18:00 on Saturday 23rd October

Attendees (11):
Cymro, fifty_two, jfallesen, KARFA, megaloman, nh1980, PGberkshire, FlyerP, scottishpoet, TravellerFrequently, vintagepilot

Maybe (1):
Reetmafreen

Activities
Please fill the form if you plan to attend the DO.

22/10 18:00 Browary Warszawskie for the DO warm-up party
23/10 12:00 Uprising museum tour
23/10 16:00 Viewing terrace at the top of Palace of Culture and Science
23/10 18:00 Hala Koszyki for the DO
24/10 10:30 or 14:00 guided walking tour of Old Town

Flights

Outbound travel

16/10 07:35 BA847 – megaloman
22/10 14:00 BA850 – jfallese, KARFA, nh1980, TravellerFrequently, vintagepilot
22/10 18:25 LO3924 – scottishpoet
23/10 07:35 BA846 – Cymro, FlyerP

Inbound travel
24/10 14:20 LO3919 - scottishpoet
24/10 18.15 BA851 – Cymro, KARFA, nh1980, TravellerFrequently, vintagepilot
25/10 11:50 BA847 – megaloman, FlyerP
26/10 18:10 BA847 – jfallese

Hotels
Hilton Warsaw City – Cymro, KARFA, megaloman, nh1980, FlyerP, scottishpoet, TravellerFrequently
Westin – jfallese
Hampton by Hilton Warsaw Mokotow - fifty_two

Warsaw micro-DO #2: 24 April 2021

Current lockdown rules don't allow travel for non-essential purposes. I'm still booked and hope lockdown rules might be eased closer to the date and well be allowed to travel, I've rebooked myself on avios.

Venue

Hala Koszyki @ 18:00 on Saturday 24th April

Attendees (12):
awoxp, Filthy Monkey, FlyerP, jfallesen, MrMutton, Richmond_Surreym, ScienceTeacher, teledude, Tomparskate, Vintagepilot, Wozza2404

Maybe (4):
florens +1l, scottishpoet, wilsnunn

Flights

LON-WAW
23/04 14:00 BA850 awoxp, Filthy Monkey, Tomparskate, Wozza2404
24/04 14:20 BA850 MrMutton, ScienceTeacher, teledude

WAW-LON
25/04 18:25 BA851 awoxp, Filthy Monkey, MrMutton, ScienceTeacher, teledude, Tomparskate, Wozza2404

Hotels
Hilton City Centre - teledude, Wozza2404

Print Wikipost

Warsaw (WAW) mini-DO [rescheduled to Saturday 23 October 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2020, 6:11 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
You all are aware that in the UK only six people can meet up in an attempt to prevent the spread of Covid.

So why on earth do all of you feel it is a good idea to go abroad and meet up in a large group and travel on public transport and you only want to do this get together if you don’t have to quarantine on your return.

At the very least this is foolish behaviour and at worse it is highly likely to be a supper spreader event!

I must admit to being surprised that Flyertalk are effectively enabling this!
Old Oct 2, 2020, 6:18 am

Programs: BAEC GCH, CXMP Gold, Amex Plat, HH Gold, Accor Plat, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
You all are aware that in the UK only six people can meet up in an attempt to prevent the spread of Covid.

So why on earth do all of you feel it is a good idea to go abroad and meet up in a large group and travel on public transport and you only want to do this get together if you don’t have to quarantine on your return.

At the very least this is foolish behaviour and at worse it is highly likely to be a supper spreader event!

I must admit to being surprised that Flyertalk are effectively enabling this!
Sooooo, shall we put you down as a "maybe attending"?
aks120, florens, GadgetGal and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 6:20 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
I'll have a sausage supper thanks, it is Friday after all.
GadgetGal likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 6:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Last time I checked, people are still free to do what they want within their legal rights. Nobody is forcing anyone to attend who doesn't want to.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 6:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by florens
Last time I checked, people are still free to do what they want within their legal rights. Nobody is forcing anyone to attend who doesn't want to.
In the UK, it would not be legal for those living in Protected Areas (e.g. much of Northern England) to travel to Poland for this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 6:37 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
In the UK, it would not be legal for those living in Protected Areas (e.g. much of Northern England) to travel to Poland for this.
Not sure you are correct on that, I live in Manchester and I am well within my rights to leave the UK as I please.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by megaloman
Let's have 2 mini-DOs instead of one

It's quite unfortunate that Poland got removed from the air-corridor list and those travelling to Poland will have to self isolate for 14 days on return to the UK. I am still going to Poland, as I can work from home on return, so self isolation is not a problem for me. I know a handful of people still plan to go, so I'm happy for the mini-DO to happen on 24th October, as planned

Alternative date I've picked for the mini-DO in Warsaw: 24 April 2021

Hopefully travel restrictions will be eased by then and there'll be no requirement for self-quarantine on return to the UK.

I'll update the wiki post and ask mods to update the title.
Don't fancy moving it to Sofia do you? I have a TP run from SOF on the 26th onwards! two birds one stone.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 6:39 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Not sure you are correct on that, I live in Manchester and I am well within my rights to leave the UK as I please.
Yes, see The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (North East and North West of England) Regulations 2020, clause 6. You are free to leave the UK, but you are not free to leave the Protected Area for a gathering of two or more people, that you do not live with, even outside the Protected Area. Similar restrictions apply to people in parts of Wales and Scotland.
Tobias-UK and crazy8534 like this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, see The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (North East and North West of England) Regulations 2020, clause 6. You are free to leave the UK, but you are not free to leave the Protected Area for a gathering of two or more people, that you do not live with, even outside the Protected Area. Similar restrictions apply to people in parts of Wales and Scotland.
Once I leave the UK, UK law no longer applies to me. And what I do in private is protected by my European right to privacy. so the UK cant ask what I did in Poland / elsewhere. As long as I quarantine if required there is nothing the govt can do.
florens likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 6:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
cws is correct for those under the enhanced local lockdown ( north east + some of Lancashire & Merseyside) can mix either within the areas or beyond).

those under the standard local lockdown (GM, West Yorkshire etc.) would be fine, ban on mixing only applies to private dwellings.

this is nothing do with travel or leaving the England per se. Obviously those in wales under local lockdowns do have restrictions on leaving their area.

EDIT: just to add there is a whole thread on the UK board listing these statutory instruments and the areas they apply to. Feel free to read if you are suffering from insomnia!

Last edited by KARFA; Oct 2, 2020 at 6:58 am
Old Oct 2, 2020, 6:46 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Us Scotties have no been banned from leaving...yet. It's coming though, nippy has been preparing us all for it and warning - do not book travel abroad. Just canny meet your granny at her hoose. April, however, who knows where we will be. Let's have something to look fwd to!
florens and megaloman like this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
Count me in for April! I'll just update the wiki now, Hope to see you all there if not before.

Stay safe!
florens, stevieed and megaloman like this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by megaloman
Let's have 2 mini-DOs instead of one

Alternative date I've picked for the mini-DO in Warsaw: 24 April 2021
I cannot attend this one at 24 April I should be at Hawaii taking flights back to UK....
but this can be change then I will be somewhere in Asia looking for holidays with out quarantine to UK
Old Oct 2, 2020, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Can we please stop travel-shaming and take the legal advice on how to break rules away from this thread?

It's everyone's personal decision whether they want to attend or not. Not everyone is travelling from the UK too, so they may not need to worry about UK specific rules.

I appreciate there'll be no longer 17 people confirmed for October date, and it's a long time till April and I personally don't mind to have something to look forward too.

A friendly reminder - all bookings made now are still protected by Book With Confidence policy, so can be changed for free or converted into FTV voucher.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 7:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
I will move my ticket to end of April then. I already moved it to Easter (02 April), because I wasn't sure what to do with it. Didn't want to pay £35 cancellation fee.
megaloman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.