Community
Wiki Posts
Search

South America

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2020, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

South America

I was looking up prices for flights to Sao Paolo next year (which I couldn’t as they were too far ahead) so looked up the most recent flights (which I assumed would be end of this year), and it seems there are Passenger flights from this Friday. Are these the first since March? I realise they’ve been running cargo flights.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 11:54 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Brazil is now officially open to tourists. You only need a health insurance. I am not very sure how many people will go thought. Case numbers and deaths are looking grim.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Just checked flight loads and prices. Tomorrows flight is barely half full (if even that) but BA are charging one-way £1222 (WT), £2298 (CW) and £6062 (F).

The questions begs...do they want to get people back flying...?!
Old Aug 6, 2020, 6:59 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by BWBriscoe
Just checked flight loads and prices. Tomorrows flight is barely half full (if even that) but BA are charging one-way £1222 (WT), £2298 (CW) and £6062 (F).

I guess the only people booking to go to Brazil tomorrow are those that have to go, hence the high fares. They know there'll be limited tourists so no point trying to attract them with low last minute fares
Old Aug 6, 2020, 7:01 pm

Price up something at least a month out and on a return basis rather than a one way. Fare rules are fare rules covid or no covid and you're pricing something that's typically extremely expensive (one way departing tomorrow on a long haul route).
Old Aug 6, 2020, 7:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I would have thought that depends on what the competition are charging for a direct flight at such short notice.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 3:17 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver

TAP is about £350 one way for tomorrow. KLM/LH about £700

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.