Search

Badly personalised BA email

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2020, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Badly personalised BA email

Received a “Congratulations and welcome to the privileges of GGL” email today:

Dear Mr. Carrotjuice,

Here at the Executive Club, we think our Members should be rewarded, which is why you earn Tier Points when you fly with us. We’re truly grateful for your loyalty, reflected in the 0 Tier Points that you’ve earned this membership year.

(bold for emphasis)
Old Aug 1, 2020, 6:19 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Must have been written by whoever puts "You have 12,345,897 Avios. That's enough for a return trip in economy to Manchester !" on the website.

And who wrote the recent email

"It's been some time since we first took to the skies together, 69 years in fact, since you became an Executive Club Member. That’s an incredible 62,358 days!
Since then we've travelled far and wide, with adventures to XXXXX, YYYYY and ZZZZ, covering a total of 994,687 miles together"

where XXXXX, YYYYY and ZZZZZ are three of the mankiest destinations I've ever flown to.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 6:27 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer

"It's been some time since we first took to the skies together, 69 years in fact, since you became an Executive Club Member. That’s an incredible 62,358 days!.
Has BAEC been going for 69 years? Also 69 years is 'only' 25,185 days. The BA intern obviously at it again, 2 of the 3 R's not up to scratch
Old Aug 1, 2020, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Oxon Flyer Their maths skills aren't exactly the greatest either 69 x 365 = 25,185 ( I couldn't be asked to adjust for the leap years but pretty certain they don't make up the difference!)
Old Aug 1, 2020, 6:53 am

Programs: BAEC
Must have been written by whoever puts "You have 12,345,897 Avios. That's enough for a return trip in economy to Manchester !" on the website.

"It's been some time since we first took to the skies together, 69 years in fact, since you became an Executive Club Member. That’s an incredible 62,358 days!
Since then we've travelled far and wide, with adventures to XXXXX, YYYYY and ZZZZ, covering a total of 994,687 miles together"

where XXXXX, YYYYY and ZZZZZ are three of the mankiest destinations I've ever flown to.
For me XXXX is my first destination with BA, ZZZZ is my most recent, and YYYY is exactly the middle one. I am not certain but I think that may be the algorithm.
Genius1, wrp96 and Tocsin like this.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by BAeuro
For me XXXX is my first destination with BA, ZZZZ is my most recent, and YYYY is exactly the middle one. I am not certain but I think that may be the algorithm.
Thanks for sharing this, it’s definitely true for the first and last for me - and then going on trust about your deductive skills a fun fact about what happened midway through my 5692 days of membership!
Old Aug 1, 2020, 7:01 am

Just re-reading the message makes me wonder what the rest of the algorithm is, ie how many days does it have to be to be “incredible“? Are there other descriptions for shorter memberships?
Old Aug 1, 2020, 7:02 am

Programs: Some
Apparently I did something to **** BA off as my message wasn’t even personalised .
Old Aug 1, 2020, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Apparently I did something to **** BA off as my message wasn’t even personalised .
Which may not necessarily a bad thing, considering how badly they are personalised!
Old Aug 1, 2020, 7:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold

If you put XXXXX or YYYYY or ZZZZ into Googlemaps it actually returns locations!! Whether these are a BA or OW destination is another question.

ML
Old Aug 1, 2020, 7:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by BAeuro
I just re-read mine, I think you're right! My first international trip with BA, then one halfway through, and finally the last place they took me back in March.

Ironically I've not actually left the airport in any of the places they mentioned.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 9:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH *S
So I had one of these, hadn't read it properly until now but this thread piqued my interest, it mentioned Frankfurt (first BA flight registered to my EC account in 2000 according to the information in a recent data request), Washington (most recent flight in Jan 2020) and Los Angeles (Sep 2016) so not exactly "in the middle", I wonder how their IT magic is working this out!
Old Aug 1, 2020, 9:34 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by The_Doctor
So I had one of these, hadn't read it properly until now but this thread piqued my interest, it mentioned Frankfurt (first BA flight registered to my EC account in 2000 according to the information in a recent data request), Washington (most recent flight in Jan 2020) and Los Angeles (Sep 2016) so not exactly "in the middle", I wonder how their IT magic is working this out!
My thinking is that it’s not ‘Middle’ by date but by sector count. So have you taken the same number of flights from 2000-2016 and 2016-2020?
Old Aug 1, 2020, 10:28 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by AJA_
Has BAEC been going for 69 years? Also 69 years is 'only' 25,185 days. The BA intern obviously at it again, 2 of the 3 R's not up to scratch
Quoted personal data may have been changed.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 1:01 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
"It’s our greatest pleasure, that this year, we can welcome you to Gold Guest List membership"

"From all of us at the Club, we'd like to congratulate you on your new Gold Guest List membership"

A bit bizarre given that I've been GGL for almost a decade now. They make it sound like it's my first rodeo. What a shambles of a communiqué.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.