Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MAN & LHR T5 Duty Free

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2020, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
MAN & LHR T5 Duty Free

Hi

Travelling later this week from Manchester to Italy via LHR and in regards lounges believe MAN is closed (hoping to get in priority pass lounge instead) but LHR now open at least.

I believe that Duty Free Alcohol sales are now up and running again in Manchester Airport but not read anything to say it is in T5 so would I be best buying it in Manchester T3 and then connecting through. When connecting in LHR is it still straight through a door without any extra security etc?

My only thought was with temperature checks for Italy but I understand these can be carried out at the gate rather than existing and going via the First Wing just to get these completed?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 29, 2020, 6:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Duty free is open in LHR T5 too now.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
Hi

Travelling later this week from Manchester to Italy via LHR and in regards lounges believe MAN is closed (hoping to get in priority pass lounge instead) but LHR now open at least.

I believe that Duty Free Alcohol sales are now up and running again in Manchester Airport but not read anything to say it is in T5 so would I be best buying it in Manchester T3 and then connecting through. When connecting in LHR is it still straight through a door without any extra security etc?

My only thought was with temperature checks for Italy but I understand these can be carried out at the gate rather than existing and going via the First Wing just to get these completed?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Iti s through the domestic flight connections desk just after disembarking ( boarding pass check ) then up the escalators to the T5 departures area)

I think T5 duty free is open ( there is a thread somewhere with all the open shops but cannot find it at the moment.)- Ah Karfa beat me to it!

I understand the tempreature checks will be done at the desk by the gate ( you and other transit pax will be paged IIRC). You may want to have a pen handy also as there is a form to complete also.

Will be doing this route on 8th Aug ( EDI-VCE)

Regards

TBS
KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Duty free is open in LHR T5 too now.
Great thanks
Old Jul 29, 2020, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond
Hi

Thanks in advance!
Duty Free definately open at MAN T3 and LHR T5. FYI LHR T5 have a 3-2 on booze.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 8:06 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Hi

Travelling later this week from Manchester to Italy via LHR and in regards lounges believe MAN is closed (hoping to get in priority pass lounge instead) but LHR now open at least...
That depends when you are travelling, the Escape Lounge will reopen on 1 August, no other lounges are open in T3. The Escape Lounge T3 appears to have dropped off the PP list.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
There's a decent up to date thread on what's open at T5 :

COVID-19 and BA: Using Heathrow T5

In particular this recent post :

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32556055-post181.html
Old Jul 29, 2020, 8:29 am

Flew out of T1 in MAN on 11/07 DF was open and boots , everything else in darkness
Old Jul 29, 2020, 8:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I always ask for liquid purchases to be put in a Secure bag just in case you have to leave airside even if buying at least connection point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.