Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A little help - BA Taxes & Charges comparison

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2020, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business

Hi all,

I wonder if any BA staff / TA's / Those with great knowledge could help.

As the US didn't make the list( as we kind of expected) and after BA cancelling flights left right & centre we've decided just to delay a US multi state this Aug/ Sept

Tried calling BA today to enquire about this but 1 hr 40 mins later, and well after 20:00, we didnt get through.

Could any of you with such knowledge tell me the following: Difference on taxes and charges between these two itineraries;

LHR-ORD, J, 31st August / JFK-LHR, J, 14th September

LHR-UVF, J, 03rd September / UVF-LHR, J, 11th September

NOTES: Both itineraries using an Amex 2-4-1 ( i'm not sure if this impacts so included it to be safe)

Thank you in advance for any and all help.

PS: If there's some handy site that lists such things that anyone knows about then please feel free to add that for our own future reference
Old Jul 3, 2020, 1:32 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Perhaps I'm missing something here but if you do dummy bookings for those itineraries you will see all the details for yourself. The taxes and fees are unchanged whether it's an Avios or cash booking.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
https://rewardflightfinder.com/ should get you availability and taxes (in the upper left corner)
Old Jul 3, 2020, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Thank you I will put this down to BA IT being its normal self but on dummy bookings we were unable to get a breakdown, it went to a dead page upon trying ( several times

UPDATE: Have now gotten through to BA and found out - will mark this for thread for deletion via ADMIN if it qualifies
Old Jul 3, 2020, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Don’t know why you’d call for this? The website shows you the charges under fare breakdown when you try to book a cash ticket on ba.com

TWCLAM likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

It was an Amex 2-4-1 ( rather than a straight cash booking) and whilst it does normally still show you the breakdown we had tried repeatedly and when clicking on the "fare breakdown" link within the dummy booking ( we already knew the fees for the booking in place) it was constantly, over 4 hours, only giving us a dead link.

Thanks for all assistance given. We've now found out it's a £300 saving which isn't a bad thing
mikeyfly likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.