Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

CE Classic Cornish Clotted Cream COVID Clearout Conundrum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: What’s with the cream ?
Yuk. It will have gone off. Seriously off.
50.00%
It’ll look and smell OK, but I still would not touch it with a barge pole.
18.66%
Yummy on the strawberries
31.34%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

CE Classic Cornish Clotted Cream COVID Clearout Conundrum

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2020, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Bin it, the ones in the supermarket have use by dates.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 4:01 pm

Programs: BAEC
This may bring a new meaning to 'Super Saturday', staying in with a pot of maybe rancid clotted cream purloined from BA.
GlasgowBlue likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
Best to catch Corona first...then your sense of taste and smell will be nuked and it won't matter what happens...

So just go to the pub tomorrow...and touch as many surfaces as you can....
Old Jul 3, 2020, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Open it up. If it looks and smells OK you should be fine. I would eat it.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 4:21 pm

Programs: BA GfL, TK *G+
Can’t be much worse than some of the detritus found in seat backs and down the side of seats. Please post a pic after you lift the lid.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by Greenpen
18J364 must be the date code, come on code breakers, let us know!
I have no idea if this concept has made it to Cornwall, but J normally signifies a Julien date, which starts with 1 on 1 Jan and goes to 366 on, well, you get the drift. An early job I had was in a food factory that used this on their products. They made sure they didn’t make the same product 2 years in a row on the same day, and changed the packaging design every year on the line that only made one product, so they could always be completely sure which year it was made even if they didn’t print the year on the label, only the 3-digit Julian code.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 6:26 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Good manners suggest you should offer it to guests with tea and wait a few minutes before eating in front of them If it doesn't kill them in the first minutes it's probably fine
Old Jul 3, 2020, 8:39 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Since no one has mentioned it yet.....nice alliteration!
JustTheOne and Cryofern like this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 9:33 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
The heavy creams do last longer, but I'm not sure I'd trust it after a year. You can't guarantee that it was refrigerated from the time you took it off the plane until you got home either.
It's relatively cheap and easy to get another one in a UK grocery store isn't it?
Old Jul 4, 2020, 4:41 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life, CCR, VS Silver, HHonours Diamond
Just imagine you are a university student and this was just found under the bed.

Would they eat this. Hell yes!
the810 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 6:07 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Open it! Eat it! Film it on youtube, snapchat, tictoc and whatever the latest social sharing app is these days!!

And then get yourself to the nearest hospital for a stomach pump and treatment for food poisoning!!
Old Jul 4, 2020, 6:22 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
I opened a very old tub of clotted cream in a small lounge once

The cream just goes rock hard and shrinks back from the container edges. You can’t spread it. It just becomes a lump.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 6:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by dddc
Open it! Eat it! Film it on youtube, snapchat, tictoc and whatever the latest social sharing app is these days!!

And then get yourself to the nearest hospital for a stomach pump and treatment for food poisoning!!
....from your death bed, post a rant on here about BA failing to tell you when it had to be eaten by.
dddc, Tiger_lily, the810 and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by Confus
I have no idea if this concept has made it to Cornwall, but J normally signifies a Julien date, which starts with 1 on 1 Jan and goes to 366 on, well, you get the drift. An early job I had was in a food factory that used this on their products. They made sure they didn’t make the same product 2 years in a row on the same day, and changed the packaging design every year on the line that only made one product, so they could always be completely sure which year it was made even if they didn’t print the year on the label, only the 3-digit Julian code.
Couldn't 18 mean 2018?
Old Jul 4, 2020, 10:27 am

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by Greenpen
18J364 must be the date code, come on code breakers, let us know!
18=2018
364= Dec 30(as 2018 was not a leap year)
J= hour of production maybe(I.e.0900 hrs). The letters 'I' and 'O' would not be used so this leaves each alphabet letter corresponding to an hour of the day

If I am right don't send me the article as a prize thanks!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.