Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

2-4-1 vouchers - likelihood of further extension?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2020, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!

I am wondering if BA is likely to add another extension to existing 2-4-1 vouchers. I had my due to end in September voucher extended to March 2021, but with uncertainty still existing regarding a change in FCO guidance from 'essential travel only' and limited availability of certain cabins (Club and First) on particular routes, I for one would welcome a further extension. I know I'm pushing my luck, but fingers crossed.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Maybe I’m wrong, but if you book under book with confidence and then cancel, does it take the 241 into 2022?
Old Jul 3, 2020, 11:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Maybe I’m wrong, but if you book under book with confidence and then cancel, does it take the 241 into 2022?
Yes, going that route would put the 241 in a FTV, and the 241 would be valid for bookings up to April 2022.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 11:25 am

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes, going that route would put the 241 in a FTV, and the 241 would be valid for bookings up to April 2022.
I also have several 241 vouchers that it would be useful to extend. Do I need to book before Aug 30th 2020 to qualify, or are there any other rules I should be aware of?

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 3:17 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ttama
I also have several 241 vouchers that it would be useful to extend. Do I need to book before Aug 30th 2020 to qualify, or are there any other rules I should be aware of?

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere.
Any new booking you make from now until 31 August 2020 for journeys that are due to have been completed by 30 April 2021 would be eligible to cancel for a FTV.
ttama likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 10:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I have a slightly related question............

Does anyone know if a booking made at Avios.com using avios and Lloyds upgrade vouchers can be treated the same and wrapped up in an FTV?
If so who can do this? Do I need to talk to BA directly or can the Avios agents ( who I think are classed as travel agents?) do it?

thanks
Old Jul 4, 2020, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
FTV??
Old Jul 4, 2020, 2:48 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by higham44
FTV??
Future Travel Voucher.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 2:54 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Perhaps slightly hijacking this thread, but how is it with FTV and GUF? I have a booking in CW, GUFed to F using an (already extended before COVID) GUF due to expire in March, which has since been further extended to September. The booking is already in tatters because of COVID but if I cancel and refund, the GUF would expire in September. The booking itself was quite good value, so I would prefer to just postpone travel but this is only permissable until end of ticket validity (March 2021). Taking an FTV would presumably mean taking my chances on equal value fares being available, but what about the GUF?
Old Jul 4, 2020, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Future Travel Voucher.
If I make a 'dummy' booking with my 2-4-1 and then cancel to get a FTV, will the name of the additional traveller be fixed on the FTV or will I be able to travel with a different companion?
Old Jul 4, 2020, 3:11 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
FTVs are currently personal to the original booked traveller and not transferable . BAH is the only partial exception. There may be some developments in the next fortnight, if it can wait.
ttama likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.