Wiki Posts
Search

Companion Voucher Advice

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2020, 1:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA & Flying Club
Companion Voucher Advice

Hi I wonder if anyone can help. I’ve just got a companion voucher via the Amex Card and would appreciate any advice. We want to travel to Australia for around a month in December, but realise that it may be more likely December 2021 now unless things improve dramatically. There is myself, my wife and our 4 year old daughter.

I have 600,000 Virgin miles and we were booked to do that last November to HK and then had CP flights to Oz. With all the unrest we cancelled and went via Singapore with BA. Using those miles could still be an option in the future but they are more likely to be used to go to the U.S. so I want to see what I can do with the BA voucher.

I currently have around 80,000 Avios and it’s going up nicely every month as I put a lot of work spending on there. I’ve also read you can buy miles? My hope is to get two flights with this voucher and pay for the 3rd in cash and get club class seats. The most important thing for me is to have the club bed for the long part of the journey overnight for sleeping - when we went to Singapore we flew club with BA and then did economy on to Brisbane. We don’t mind where we fly for the longer part, though somewhere different would be nice (although not HK as we could just use Virgin)and also where we fly to in Oz as our intention is to go to various places.

Is it realistically possible to get to Oz with BA miles? Or are they few and far between? Can you get club say to somewhere in Asia and then economy to Oz using Avios? We can use different airlines if needed for different parts of the journey.

Hopefully this makes sense? Thank you.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Yes, you can get two Club World to SYD if you have enough Avios and you’re quick enough to book at the time the two guaranteed seats are released.

All “tips tricks and how to“ in the main companion voucher thread BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion
Old Jun 28, 2020, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Yes, you can get two Club World to SYD if you have enough Avios and you’re quick enough to book at the time the two guaranteed seats are released.

All “tips tricks and how to“ in the main companion voucher thread BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion
Thanks Mikey I’ll look there. One point I thought of - to use the companion voucher I’m guessing that availability for miles has to show up as 2 being there?
Old Jun 28, 2020, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Yes, you need two seats to apply the voucher. Guaranteed two in CW and four in Y. You need to grab them quick at release
Old Jun 28, 2020, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Yes, you need two seats to apply the voucher. Guaranteed two in CW and four in Y. You need to grab them quick at release
Thank you, I’ll get reading :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.