Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA return to T3? Plus a mini-trip report from Tuesday BCN-LHR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA return to T3? Plus a mini-trip report from Tuesday BCN-LHR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2020, 10:20 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by sxc
Let’s say T3 never reopens. Or doesn’t reopen for two years. Will CX and QF get some compensation for their capital investment? Or they’ll just have to write it off?
Or, would they open CX lounge in T5B/C? please please please
Old Jun 28, 2020, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Lol. Would the experience be as good with all BA Golds & Silvers swarming it ?

(and do we think BA would want to pay CX for each customer visit when its already paying to run its own lounges in T5!)
Old Jun 28, 2020, 4:31 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
A boy can dream...
Old Jun 28, 2020, 4:57 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Highly unlikely given that airlines are not in the mood for any capital
outlay right now.

Finally BA might get their “revenge” with CX paying BA for lounge access.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 6:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Regarding T3, if and when additional capacity is required, I would anticipate gates 1, 3, 5, 7 (I may have got the numbers wrong) would be connected up to T2 and keep the rest of T3 empty. IIRC, this is (or was) part of LHR's masterplan anyway. At least EK would get their lounges back! The big loser within T3 would seem to be VS, especially given their consolidation of flights from LGW into LHR.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 5:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TedToToe
Regarding T3, if and when additional capacity is required, I would anticipate gates 1, 3, 5, 7 (I may have got the numbers wrong) would be connected up to T2 and keep the rest of T3 empty. IIRC, this is (or was) part of LHR's masterplan anyway. At least EK would get their lounges back! The big loser within T3 would seem to be VS, especially given their consolidation of flights from LGW into LHR.
Yup it goes from 11 , next to CX all the way to 1 (usually used by Jal evening departure)
Old Jun 29, 2020, 1:21 am

Programs: BA GGL
Back on topic I cannot wait to get back to T3 and use CX Aesop products
Didn’t they switch the Aesop products out for Bamford ones last year?
Old Jun 29, 2020, 1:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by armouredant
Only for the onboard product, some lounges still run on Aesop. Wing F is now on the J stuff cant remember the name I hate it. Pier F, temporarily closed, was on Aesop and so was CX F LHR
armouredant likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 2:51 am

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
Surely LHR traffic figures will bounce back by next year. The only thing stopping them being full again by next year is the use it or lose it slot rules being suspended. The queue of airlines wanting in hasn’t gone away. The idea that T3 will sit empty much beyond the summer is daft. Virgin’s whole lounge structure is in T3 and without that access, they’re dead. HAL can’t allow BA a competitive advantage of their own premium facilities while denying Virgin theirs.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 2:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by skipness1E
Surely LHR traffic figures will bounce back by next year. The only thing stopping them being full again by next year is the use it or lose it slot rules being suspended. The queue of airlines wanting in hasn’t gone away. The idea that T3 will sit empty much beyond the summer is daft. Virgin’s whole lounge structure is in T3 and without that access, they’re dead. HAL can’t allow BA a competitive advantage of their own premium facilities while denying Virgin theirs.
Even assuming the virus is gone by next year do you think the economic crisis/recession/depression which is going to follow will have any affect on demand?
Acollier82 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 3:00 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
I'd argue that the apparent surge over the weekend was simply down to people desperate for a holiday, particularly those like myself who have seen previous plans go up in smoke.

A lot of people are sadly going to lose their jobs and face a grim economic outlook in at least the short-term, which is going to have an impact on the numbers travelling. A lot simply either won't be able to afford it or will be cutting back on discretionary spend out of necessity. We might get 2019-style demand when we are back to the employment levels of 2019.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 3:07 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by armouredant
Only for the onboard product, some lounges still run on Aesop. Wing F is now on the J stuff cant remember the name I hate it. Pier F, temporarily closed, was on Aesop and so was CX F LHR
At HKG, the Pier F and J have switched to Bamford.

The Wing F never used Aesop - they refilled dispensers. They may have used Jurlique for the moisturiser. I can't recall if they have changed to Bamford after the Aesopocalypse. I don't know what was the situation at Wing J as it's my least favourite HKG lounge.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 3:23 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Given that so many OW airlines are moving there, perhaps for a couple of years, I wouldn't be surprised if another lounge was opened, even a "temporary" OW lounge to spread the costs. On the other hand, I remember all the delays they had in opening the new QF and CX lounges at T3, so there might not be enough time to even go through the processes to make a viable option.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 3:34 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sxc
At HKG, the Pier F and J have switched to Bamford.

The Wing F never used Aesop - they refilled dispensers. They may have used Jurlique for the moisturiser. I can't recall if they have changed to Bamford after the Aesopocalypse. I don't know what was the situation at Wing J as it's my least favourite HKG lounge.
Oh no! End is nigh!
armouredant likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 5:09 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
I think OneWorld could use T5 for one of their "Alliance Lounges" in that case. Whether that means a nice upgrade on the current offering is down to capital available (i.e. not much at the moment)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.