Search

LHR-MAN tier point top up logistics

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club
LHR-MAN tier point top up logistics

Morning

I “need” to earn another 80 tp to make Gold this year. With flight schedules as they are it’s challenging to find something I can do easily that doesn’t cost a fortune and won’t be cancelled. I can do a trip in club LHR MAN and back and had booked this with three hours to spare in Manchester but my outbound booking is now cancelled, and the only rebooking option seems to be out and back on the same metal with a 40 minute turnaround at MAN while they wipe the seats down. I’ve not really used Manchester much before .... is it logistically possible to make such a short turnaround? Are you forced to exit through arrivals and come back through standard security (which I know is often a train-wreck) or are there options to hover airside or on some “flight connections” twilight zone before getting back on the plane. I assume of course I wouldn’t be allowed to simply not get off the plane at all!
Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You may want to look at the main back to back thread, which you can find in the BA Forum Dashboard. But in essence I would advise you to look at NCL, EDI, GLA, ABZ, BHD, IOM (except there is quarantine there), NQY in that order before you look at MAN. In the case of GLA, make sure you stay on the ground / apron level, they are using the lower floor's gates. In the case of MAN you could find yourself having to go landside in certain scenarios.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Hi. Nothing to add to the b2b comments from cws.

I am sure you are aware, but just in case when you say you need the TPs to get gold I assume you have factored in the 25% TP reduction? No need to get them if you are aiming for 1500, 1125 will do this year.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...12-months.html
Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
Hi. Nothing to add to the b2b comments from cws.

I am sure you are aware, but just in case when you say you need the TPs to get gold I assume you have factored in the 25% TP reduction? No need to get them if you are aiming for 1500, 1125 will do this year.
Yes, I was due to get 1500 by August by the skin of my teeth, and with all the cancellations I'm now due to get 1125 by the skin of my teeth if I can do this Manchester trip, or something similar. It's like a game of flight-cancellation-whack-a-mole at the moment though!
KARFA and AJA_ like this.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 3:06 am

Programs: BAEC
Also, at the moment, only T1 at Manchester is operating, rather than T3 (normal home for BA flights), so some of the posts about B2B here won’t be appropriate at present as they refer to its usual home.

Although I actually have a love for MAN not shared on these forums, it’s not a good place for B2B in the best circumstances; at the moment I wouldn’t even consider it.
IAN-UK and twincheeks like this.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks all. It looks like swapping for a return to NCL is going to be the best option, there are cheap Club tickets available, flight out is just after 9am and I'd be back in London for lunch. It's a pity the original itinerary was cancelled as I was planning to take the opportunity to see my parents for an hour of socially distanced planespotting at MAN before heading back.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 3:21 am

If they have cancelled your flight, can't you get moved to gold on the basis of your flights not taken, especially as it is the fault of BA....
You would then get tier points and a refund/voucher.
Just a thought
Old Jun 16, 2020, 3:26 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Yes I have the same issue as the OP. I very very rarely do TP runs but I need 70 TPs to get to a GUF by 8th July and I have now had 3 MAN trips cancelled. Now that it's only possible to return on the same flight from MAN, and it's not flying to a terminal I'm familiar with, I have moved my flight to EDI which still has 3 flights per day and I am keeping my fingers crossed for that!
Old Jun 16, 2020, 3:36 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If you were going at the start of July, just leave NCL a few days, they have cancelled some services this morning.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 3:47 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you were going at the start of July, just leave NCL a few days, they have cancelled some services this morning.
Yep - I did look at NCL and could only find indirect routings for July 2nd, hence my move to EDI. No cost to change for the longer hop which helped the decision making.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Yes I have the same issue as the OP. I very very rarely do TP runs but I need 70 TPs to get to a GUF by 8th July and I have now had 3 MAN trips cancelled. Now that it's only possible to return on the same flight from MAN, and it's not flying to a terminal I'm familiar with, I have moved my flight to EDI which still has 3 flights per day and I am keeping my fingers crossed for that!
keep an eye on that I just had an EDI-:LHR on 10th july cancelled
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 4:05 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
I was in this position and fell just short but BA renewed my gold when I sent them evidence of the cancelled flights
Gastrocnemius likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by simonsmith
I was in this position and fell just short but BA renewed my gold when I sent them evidence of the cancelled flights
Yes - Apparently they are giving credit for tier levels from cancelled flights on a case-by-case basis but aren't making exceptions for GUFs. I'm now on my fourth attempt to get this final 70 TPs and, if they cancel this one as well, I will be back in touch with them as I've gone above and beyond!
ENTP likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 3:50 pm

Programs: OW
Originally Posted by simonsmith
Can I ask please what evidence you sent, and to which address? In a similar position (Jul year end and short 70TPs) - my LHR-MAN flight was cancelled earlier today but obviously now I can't screenshot the part of MMB which shows that I would have earnt 80TPs (as it defaults to the "your flight has been cancelled" page). Many thanks in advance!
Old Jun 17, 2020, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by eh220160
Can I ask please what evidence you sent, and to which address? In a similar position (Jul year end and short 70TPs) - my LHR-MAN flight was cancelled earlier today but obviously now I can't screenshot the part of MMB which shows that I would have earnt 80TPs (as it defaults to the "your flight has been cancelled" page). Many thanks in advance!
PNR and/or ticket number should be fine: I'm not sure what information they would need beyond that,
But why not call and ask them what procedure you should follow?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.