Search

BA293 to Washington

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2020, 9:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa
BA293 to Washington

Just arrived at the gate and Ive counted only 35 other punters ready to board. will hopefully get a whole row to myself. Everyone wearing masks.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
About 25/26 in economy according to live seat map on Expert Flyer. I think you'll have several rows to yourself !
Old Jun 5, 2020, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Thanks for reporting us,
Could you please take photos of the meal offerings during the flight and share it with the FT community later on?

Thank you.
mikeyfly and haroldnorwal like this.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 9:45 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1P
Originally Posted by WATP
Just arrived at the gate and Ive counted only 35 other punters ready to board. will hopefully get a whole row to myself. Everyone wearing masks.
Wow, heavy load today. I'm serious.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by WATP
Are you a US citizen or did you have show any evidence that you are allowed into the US?
Old Jun 5, 2020, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Thanks for reporting us,
Could you please take photos of the meal offerings during the flight and share it with the FT community later on?

Thank you.
... see How many here are still flying regularly?
Old Jun 5, 2020, 10:11 am

Busier than on Wednesday.
Just done a booking for 26 June IAD-LHR and surprised that 16 seats already taken in WT+, and return on 29 July with 13 seats taken in WT+. Oddly our (2) seats had been assigned on different rows on each of the flights :-|
Old Jun 5, 2020, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by CKBA
I saw your post there, thanks for that.
I am wondering if the offerings are the same in all cabins. Your travel was in Club World and the OP of this thread is travelling in World Traveler.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by LucasD81
Are you a US citizen or did you have show any evidence that you are allowed into the US?
Of course they are verifying that you are a US Citizen, LPR, or otherwise authorized traveler at check-in, and again when accessing the boarding area at LHR. And of course your info is transmitted to CBP. Do you really think they're going to let an unauthorized traveler slip by in violation of the existing travel restrictions to the USA?
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I saw your post there, thanks for that.
I am wondering if the offerings are the same in all cabins. Your travel was in Club World and the OP of this thread is travelling in World Traveler.
I think the offerings were same in all cabins... .
Old Jun 5, 2020, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by miguel0881
Of course they are verifying that you are a US Citizen, LPR, or otherwise authorized traveler at check-in, and again when accessing the boarding area at LHR. And of course your info is transmitted to CBP. Do you really think they're going to let an unauthorized traveler slip by in violation of the existing travel restrictions to the USA?
I’m curious to learn more about the process. I’m due to fly in July and I’m exempt from the Proclamation due to my marriage. If the original poster is in a similar situation, it would be great to learn about their experiences and whether they presented any evidence with them.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 10:42 am

Programs: HH Diamond
What's with the aggressive tone for no reason?
Old Jun 5, 2020, 11:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by LucasD81
I’m curious to learn more about the process. I’m due to fly in July and I’m exempt from the Proclamation due to my marriage. If the original poster is in a similar situation, it would be great to learn about their experiences and whether they presented any evidence with them.
I am / was exempt due to my visa, but I think have reported it elsewhere: if you don't have an Esta you will find it easier if you can get a B1/B2 visa, because the Esta may get cancelled. You then need to get clearance at Zone F to be able to check-in, and marriage to a US citizen is probably the most common reason. Both at check-in and at the B gates there is access to someone from DHS or their authorised contractor who can quickly give green lights to passengers. It would not be surprising, if you are Esta, if you get some slightly scary notices at OLCI but there isn't much you can do but turn up at the airport. If you already have a B1/B2 then OLCI works in the usual way, but DHS/the contractor will check your bona fides as you board.. With so few passengers this isn't problematic. if you have the paperwork ready it takes just a few seconds, and you don't need to arrive early at T5.Two hours will be overkill even with checked bags.

In your case, presence of your wife / husband would be good enough, failing that marriage certificates, photo of his/her passport and the usual proof that you will not overstay should suffice.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by jeffers
What's with the aggressive tone for no reason?
Not aggressive, just the truth. Either you have the requisite proof to enter, or you don't. That being said, I am a US citizen and CBP has not been particularly nice to me during this pandemic (including a lengthy trip to secondary just because), so I will say that the experience is not something to relish.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 11:51 am

Not aggressive, just the truth. Either you have the requisite proof to enter, or you don't. That being said, I am a US citizen and CBP has not been particularly nice to me during this pandemic (including a lengthy trip to secondary just because), so I will say that the experience is not something to relish.
CBP experiences can vary hugely (not surprising really) - coming in to IAD on Wednesday no problem - more a quick informal chat rather than anything else. Before Christmas my daughter came into IAD on an ESTA and spent about 20 minutes with an agent who was adamant that she couldn't enter the US on an ESTA, finally he got his supervisor who just said 'she's got an ESTA: what's the problem?' and that was that.
becks1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.