Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing Avios booking - flexibility?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2020, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Changing Avios booking - flexibility?

I've got an Avios booking for July. One of the flights on the booking has been cancelled and I am invited to change to my booking to a different date. If I do so, will my booking retain the usual flexibility that comes with an Avios booking (i.e. I can cancel up to 24 hours before departure for a full refund of Avios points)?
Old May 29, 2020, 5:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes. The changes you do as a result of the cancellation will be free, but beyond that point any further voluntary change/cancellation will be subject to the usual reward booking rules.
Old May 29, 2020, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
You can also move to a date without Avios availability using the new updated rebooking policy
Old May 29, 2020, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Great, thanks guys.
Old May 29, 2020, 7:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
You can also move to a date without Avios availability using the new updated rebooking policy

This has been really useful. I believe the current rebooking policy apply to flights until the end of July - do you/does anyone know if this has yet been extended to Aug flights?

TIA
Old May 29, 2020, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by TPRun
This has been really useful. I believe the current rebooking policy apply to flights until the end of July - do you/does anyone know if this has yet been extended to Aug flights?TIA
I was referring to this update, which I thought was any cancelled (by BA) flight - not restricted to July ?
Coronavirus country restrictions/cancellations - Update 3 - 28 April 2020 at 0850 hours (UK)

Advice for BA-125 ticketed customers whose BA flight is CANCELLEDAirports/Flights affected

Any BA flight cancelled due to Coronovirus restrictions

Tickets issued by

Ticket needs to have been issued prior to flight cancellation

New travel dates

Up to ticket validity

Rebooking Allowance

Rebook onto a British Airways operated service on the same routing into the same class as the original flight or lowest available in the same cabin

Defer Booking

For BA-125 ticketed customers yet to start their journey use Booking with Confidence voucher policy

Origin/Destination/Stopover changes

Yes – as per Conditions of Carriage

Or use Booking with Confidence voucher policy

Refunds Allowed

Yes – as per standard customer guidelines

Redemptions included

Yes

Important Information
  • Entry or transit restrictions and scheduled services may change at any time
  • one involuntary ticket change allowed from the above options
  • BA operated connecting flights may be rebooked under these guidelines
  • Customers with other carrier connections on the same ticket involuntary rebook following the standard Conditions of Carriage
  • Terms and conditions from original ticket apply for any voluntary changes
  • Adherence to commercial policies/conditions of carriage guidelines remains entirely the responsibility of the user. BA reserves the right to withdraw guidelines at any time
Advice for BA-125 customers whose BA flight is still OPERATINGAirports/Flights affected

Any BA flight to a destination with entry restrictions due to the Coronovirus

Tickets issued by

For BA-125 ticketed customers yet to start their journey use Booking with Confidencevoucher policy
Old May 29, 2020, 11:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I was referring to this update, which I thought was any cancelled (by BA) flight - not restricted to July ?
ah - apologies, I’m talking about something else, just not sure about the terminology! I’ll try to find it again on the forum. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.