Wiki Posts
Search

T&Cs of BA Holiday

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2020, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
T&Cs of BA Holiday

I am looking to book a BA Holiday (Flight + Hotel) but may have to cancel, so luckily I could use the ‘Book with Confidence’ scheme if need be.

Before I booked I was reading all the small print and saw this:

1. If your holiday includes a non-changeable hotel and/or experience product and you wish to make a date change or apply for a voucher, the value of your original flights will be credited towards this. The amount paid for your original non-changeable hotel and/or experience reservation will be forfeited

How can I find out if the hotel would be non-changeable or non-refundable?

Thanks
Old May 22, 2020, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro
How can I find out if the hotel would be non-changeable or non-refundable?
When selecting your room type at certain hotels as part of your flight inclusive package you might notice the same room type duplicated in price several times. This might be the case if a room can be room only, breakfast included, half board included and the same again if the room rate is non-refundable. It will be quite clear at that point what the situation is with the room you've selected. If no mention is made it means the cancellation policy will kick in after the balance due date of your booking.
The full cancellation policy of your proposed booking is displayed once you've selected your room type and this applies to the entire booking and doesn't take into consideration any book with confidence flexibility that would be on top of the standard cancellation policy.
If still in doubt it's probably wise to call BAH to verify before proceeding with a holiday booking.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; May 22, 2020 at 5:52 pm
Old May 22, 2020, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
When selecting your room type at certain hotels as part of your flight inclusive package you might notice the same room type duplicated in price several times. This might be the case if a room can be room only, breakfast included, half board included and the same again if the room rate is non-refundable. It will be quite clear at that point what the situation is with the room you've selected. If no mention is made it means the cancellation policy will kick in after the balance due date of your booking.
The full cancellation policy of your proposed booking is displayed once you've selected your room type and this applies to the entire booking and doesn't take into consideration any book with confidence flexibility that would be on top of the standard cancellation policy.
If still in doubt it's probably wise to call BAH to verify before proceeding with a holiday booking.
Thank you very much for your response.

I have seen in the past numerous room options that look the same, albeit some more expensive. So I presume they are changeable.

For this holiday however there’s just one room option available, there’s nothing to ‘upgrade’ to, so I guess it is a changeable one.

As you say though I’ll probably give them a call tomorrow.
Old May 23, 2020, 9:59 am
Original Poster

I tried to ring BA Holidays and it says the contact numbers have been consolidated. Then rang the standard number they give and couldn’t get through. Does anyone know how to get through to BA for a new booking?
Old May 23, 2020, 10:32 am

Programs: Gold, Some red card and some hotel cards.
Originally Posted by BAeuro
I tried to ring BA Holidays and it says the contact numbers have been consolidated. Then rang the standard number they give and couldn’t get through. Does anyone know how to get through to BA for a new booking?
We called 0800 727 800, and followed the options, last Saturday to book a flydrive.
Old May 23, 2020, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SonTech
We called 0800 727 800, and followed the options, last Saturday to book a flydrive.
Oh really, thank you. Shame they close at 5pm on the weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.