Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Half cancelled flight

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2020, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Half cancelled flight

My upcoming trip has been half cancelled by BA - they've cancelled the YUL - LHR leg but think that I'll somehow be able to get myself to London magically to take the flight back!

Has anyone else had any experience of BA doing this and guidance as to how to request it's dealt with? It's a work flight so I'll definately be needing a flight from Montreal to somewhere soon but it may not be a route that I can directly do with BA metal - AA possibly though.

To add insult to injury this ticket has been cancelled by BA once before, it was originally scheduled for September during the BA Pilots' strike and then rescheduled for the middle of March when the border restrictions came down hard in a lot of places. Maybe I'm just never meant to fly again and I should try a cruise instead?
Old Apr 24, 2020, 1:52 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Depends what you want to do. If you want to look at options for a rebooking of YUL-LHR then you will probably need to call BA to discuss. If you just want to get rid of the YUL-LHR part of the booking and separately book your own ticket to replace it you just need to ask BA to remove it and reissue the ticket with the LHR-YUL only. There should be a part refund of the booking in the second option. Tbh it would be worth at least asking BA about rebooking options first before you book a separate ticket.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 1:52 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by M_at
My upcoming trip has been half cancelled by BA - they've cancelled the YUL - LHR leg but think that I'll somehow be able to get myself to London magically to take the flight back!
Based on my experiences, this is the fairly common in normal times, and right now very common. You can either rebook to other travel or get a full cash refund and find a better option.

If Manage My Booking doesn't give you the option to rebook yourself, then first research the alternatives, find one you like and ring up BA. Usually best to call either early UK time, or late evening on the USA number.
M_at likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
They did a similar thing to me;
I was scheduled to fly IST-LHR-JFK and they canceled IST-LHR due to the border restrictions in Turkey and they thought that I was going to make LHR-JFK.
In the end, I had a full refund from AA ( booked ticket through AA.com )
Old Apr 25, 2020, 2:24 am
Suspended

It's normal to leave the other sectors if one flight is cancelled. BA don't assume that you would want to cancel the entire journey you may want to rebook the sector that's cancelled.

you have a few options

1) refund
2) rebook -3 to +14 either of original journey in the same cabin as currently in
3) rebook over 14 days from original date in same fare class as currently in
navylad likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 3:55 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I must admit my first reaction to this thread was "the up bit or the down bit?"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.