Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

COVID-19: From our family to yours - Regards, A.Cruz

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID-19: From our family to yours - Regards, A.Cruz

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2020, 12:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I read it expecting something of substance to come at some point... But it didn't really. The point raised about volunteering by the furloughed staff is of course to be praised and I know these efforts will be appreciated by colleagues up and down the country.

It would have been nice to have at least made reference to future planning, membership renewals, refunds etc... but nothing.

Anyway, it ticked the weekly 'keep them sweet and communicate with the customers' box for the Señor.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 12:12 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Deltus
Does anybody understand the first sentence?

For only the second time in our 100-year history, (the first being during the Second World War), the majority of our British Airways aircraft have now touched down in London
I paused when attempting to parse that sentence too. I think his script writer meant to say:

For only the second time in our 100-year history, (the first being during the Second World War), the majority of British Airways' aircraft remain grounded within the United Kingdom

Some kind of sincere apology for the missteps made by senior management recently (and an assurance to promptly correct them) wouldn't have gone amiss.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
We both wept at length with deep emotional feelings have been personally recognised by Sr. Cruz. Somehow he made all our pending holiday cancellations and refund challenges fade into the background, knowing that we are part of a family.

But then we are old and gullible, and let free-calling ‘Microsoft Technical Services’ have remote access to our PC. 🤪
Old Apr 9, 2020, 12:44 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by T8191
We both wept at length with deep emotional feelings have been personally recognised by Sr. Cruz. Somehow he made all our pending holiday cancellations and refund challenges fade into the background, knowing that we are part of a family.
Your a part of the Flyertalk/BA Family, that's all that is important.

Even after 12 years here I'm always amazed at the help, advice and assistance given on here by many many members
Old Apr 9, 2020, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA Silver
There are tens of things he could have said to make this communication worthwhile. Instead it’s full of empty tripe that helps nobody.

This attempt to pull at the heart strings set against the horrible, cold communication to staff just a few weeks back.

Straight to the recycle bin.

Last edited by SHT88T; Apr 9, 2020 at 1:39 pm
Old Apr 9, 2020, 1:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
My wife read it and thought it was rather nice.
I read it out to a good friend over the phone - and she thought it was “very sweet” ..... especially the bit about “family”.

Mind you ..... she doesn’t fly anywhere, and so she has no forward bookings - cancelled or otherwise.
Crampedin13A likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 1:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Well I don't know whether to feel insulted that I clearly am not sufficiently important to warrant receiving the email or relieved I haven't received the clearly not personal personal message from A Cruz and his family/the rest of BA.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 1:33 pm

Epic? Awful.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 1:45 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
It looks like a load of words strung together.
Well, no shortage of monkeys at waterside, so we can only blame this random nonsense on a lack of typewriters...
Old Apr 9, 2020, 1:47 pm
formerly maskelo

Awful, as usual
Old Apr 9, 2020, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by T8191
But then we are old and gullible, and let free-calling ‘Microsoft Technical Services’ have remote access to our PC. 🤪
Just like BA then! You have more in common with each other than you had probably cared to realise 🤪
Cris L and T8191 like this.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 1:50 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
I don’t think it reads that badly tbh. It’s on par with the many CEO / Managing Director emails we’ve all surely received over the past weeks. I read them without expectation of weighty matters of substance, but hoping for a glimmer of the personal touch. AC has scraped a pass in my book, but a pass it remains.

EDIT: If anything, it’s lack of polish makes me think it’s far more likely to be directly from the hand of AC, rather than been staffed by a large retinue of comms professionals.

Last edited by krispy84; Apr 9, 2020 at 2:09 pm
Old Apr 9, 2020, 2:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
Meaningless and poorly constructed word smithing. I am not even sure what was the objective of the communication. A simple message to thank passengers for their support and (probably more importantly) his staff for all their hard work (until they were furloughed) would have been better. And, as someone else has already pointed out, if he really wants to live the values of 'to fly to serve' he would already have made it easy to get full refunds online (so reducing the burden on front line call centre staff and aggravation on the part of passengers). And he would have simply extended the current status of members of the Executive Club by a number of months (as most of BA's competitors done) rather than begrudgingly offer some confusing programme of offering discounts on the tier point levels....when has he admits in his communication that we won't be flying anywhere anytime soon! Just so poor and does not do justice to the great work of BA's frontline staff
Old Apr 9, 2020, 2:29 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Also published today, across BA's social media accounts, was this video:

This one gives me the warm and fuzzies.
golfmad likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 2:36 pm

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
As a high and mighty, not to mention proud, Blue member, I was upset to read this. I thought this sort of drivel was reserved for all you GfL types, amd that we Blues were above all this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.