Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheapest ever BA flight?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2020, 4:37 am

Yeah I was surprised to see Stockholm next week at 650 GBP from EDI! Not that I would be going, but, still.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 4:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
Take the train or ferry at that price...there simply must be alternatives...
Old Apr 4, 2020, 4:46 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by cauchy
Try 13 May, BA769 for NOK 109, i.e. GBP 8.39.

Edit: Ba.com shows taxes as 0.
When I do it taxes are £30 for a RTN, still cheap at £40-60 though.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 5:17 am

Well, if the lounges don't open and the catering doesn't fully recover, my annual ex-EU to Asia will be in Y instead of CW.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 6:59 am

Wow it even goes as low as 70 NOK in the summer!!
kingstontoon likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by adrianlondon
Well, if the lounges don't open and the catering doesn't fully recover, my annual ex-EU to Asia will be in Y instead of CW.
Is Qatar still doing catering? Could that be an option for you?
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 8:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by adrianlondon
If `any country in asia is open for business
Old Apr 4, 2020, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by cauchy
Is Qatar still doing catering? Could that be an option for you?
Yes. I've never flown them but would like to give them a go at some point. I've avoided them until now only because I prefer a long 12 hour flight rather than two shorter ones.

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
If `any country in asia is open for business
I'm not planning on flying soon. I'm simply wondering whether in, say, a few months' time the flights restart but they keep lounges closed and catering "simplified" for a few months after that.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 12:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
FWIW I've checked 4 trips I did last year at the same dates in H2 (Munich, Marrakech, Düsseldorf and Abu Dhabi) they are all 20-30% more expensive this year (and I booked them closer to the date last year)...not a good sign?
Old Apr 4, 2020, 12:59 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
FWIW I've checked 4 trips I did last year at the same dates in H2 (Munich, Marrakech, Düsseldorf and Abu Dhabi) they are all 20-30% more expensive this year (and I booked them closer to the date last year)...not a good sign?
Not necessarily. I'ts an urban myth that you get the best airline fares with a long lead time, as an extremely general rule, frequently broken, the best fares are at 6 weeks to departure.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 5:01 am

Programs: Executive Club
That original Oslo flight posted at the top of the thread has been cancelled - would have been a great investment if you were planning on that route sometime in the next year!
What are the ethics of booking cheap fares in the hope of them getting cancelled (and thus getting free rebooking options)? While the flexible booking policy is ongoing till the end of May this seems like a no brainer, unless I'm missing some downsides. Surely BA would be grateful for every penny at the moment.
kingstontoon likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Originally Posted by sebdarke
That original Oslo flight posted at the top of the thread has been cancelled - would have been a great investment if you were planning on that route sometime in the next year!
What are the ethics of booking cheap fares in the hope of them getting cancelled (and thus getting free rebooking options)? While the flexible booking policy is ongoing till the end of May this seems like a no brainer, unless I'm missing some downsides. Surely BA would be grateful for every penny at the moment.
These still seem to be scheduled through late June (including my date) though the price has returned to normal levels. I have no pressing need to go to Oslo but am booking the cheapest flights I can find to interesting cities through the summer in the hope one / some of them work out. If my flight ends up being cancelled, I'll try and move the booking to Gothenburg, where the beer is (slightly) cheaper
Old Apr 22, 2020, 6:32 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Depends if you include club world staff concessions
Old Jan 24, 2021, 11:31 am

Programs: BAEC
Well according to BA they’re selling INV-LHR flights for a £1 on 13th April. Now that would be the cheapest fare! I must admit the fares below don’t reflect this £1 offer though

babyg_wc and kingstontoon like this.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 2:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, HH Gold, BA Prem + Amex, Sh-La GC,
In 2007, BA made a mistake in their pricing of a sale offer. They advertised (IIRC) certain flights for 25% off. Their mistake was when you came to book those seats, instead of the 25% reduction, they mistakenly had reduced the fares by 75%! It meant myself and Mrs.M went to HKG return in Y, ( no availability in higher cabins), for £125 each, all in. Which was marvellous, because when we boarded, Y was only a third full. We both had a row of 3 to ourselves. Rather good value I thought! :-)
haroon145, Paren, babyg_wc and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.