Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2020, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
WHAT'S OPEN IN T5?

Current to 14 January 2022. Changes from previous update in red where applicable.

Landside - Departures
Boots
Caffè Nero
Excess Baggage (both units in Zones B and F)
Excess Baggage Wrap
Kanishka Kitchen
Travelex
WHSmith (both units in Zones C and H) - including Post Office in WHSmith Zone H

Landside - Arrivals
Boots
Bradley Smith Hair Express Bar
Caffè Nero (both units North and South)
Costa Coffee
Excess Baggage
Hotel Reservations / Sim Local
Marks and Spencer
Travelex
WHSmith

Airside - T5A Upper Level
Accessorize
Boots
Dixons Travel
Giraffe
Glorious Britain
Gordon Ramsay Plane Food
Harrods
The Harry Potter Shop
The Macallan Boutique
Travelex
Wagamama
WHSmith
World Duty Free Tobacco

Airside - T5A Gate Level
Be Relax
Boots
Bottega Venetta
Bulgari
Burberry
Cartier
Case
Caviar House & Prunier Seafood Bar
Chanel
Dior
Dixons Travel
Fortnum & Mason
Gucci
Hermès
Hugo Boss
InMotion
Itsu
Kurt Geiger
Louis Vuitton
Orlebar Brown
Paul Smith
Pilots Bar & Kitchen
Prada
Pret a Manger (both Main and Express units)
Ray-Ban
Reiss
Rituals
Rolex
Smythson
Starbucks
Sunglass Hut
Ted Baker
The Crown Rivers (JD Wetherspoon)
Tiffany & Co.
Travelex
Watches of Switzerland
WHSmith (both North and South units)
WHSmith Bookshop
World of Whiskies
World Duty Free (all units - Collection, Main, North, Perfumerie)

Airside - T5B
Boots
Dixons Travel
Sim Local
Starbucks
Sunglass Hut
WHSmith
World Duty Free

Airside - T5C
Boots
Starbucks
WHSmith
World Duty Free

Airside - Arrivals
World Duty Free (both North and South units)

Print Wikipost

COVID-19 and BA: Using Heathrow T5

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2020, 6:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN
Looking for recent experience on transit as Gold at T5 (EU flight connecting to flight to Dublin) - I have plenty of time for the connection (2h35m), so not worried about making the connection, but want to avoid queues and potential crowds as much as possible. Before the pandemic, I found the quickest and most convenient way to go land side and use the First Wing to connect at T5 (vs using Flight Connections / Fast Track). Does anyone here have a current view on that? I assume I have to fill out the the COVID-19 entry form, but don't mind doing that.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 6:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
yes i think landside is still quickest.

prior to this going through connections wasn't much slower if at all since you could use the e-passport gates they have there. however, from what i have seen recently they have left them off and relying on manual checks only via the UK/DUB connections route with maybe 1/2 border agents so even a short queue can take a while.

you will have to complete a UK passenger locator form even though you are doing a transit - this would be the same whether you followed the airside connections route or the landside route.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 7:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by KARFA
yes i think landside is still quickest.
Thank you, used that route today based on your advice and I was happy to see that it works just as well as before. In the Flounge now, and have to say I find the table service a real improvement. Quick and efficient.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Wiki updated with current T5 openings to 16 October. Boots has reopened in T5C.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Wiki updated with current T5 openings to 23 October. Itsu has reopened.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 6:29 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Seeing as we’re slightly off to the side of the centerline with the current discussion, can I also ask a Covid related question regarding LHR? I’m due to fly into LHR from LAX next month. One of my in-laws will be picking me up at the airport. Are they allowed to wait inside the terminal and is anything open landside for them to grab a coffee, etc. whilst they wait? (Question involves COVID and catering and I am flying BA, so that is my excuse! &#128527
Old Oct 24, 2020, 7:18 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
Seeing as we’re slightly off to the side of the centerline with the current discussion, can I also ask a Covid related question regarding LHR? I’m due to fly into LHR from LAX next month. One of my in-laws will be picking me up at the airport. Are they allowed to wait inside the terminal and is anything open landside for them to grab a coffee, etc. whilst they wait? (Question involves COVID and catering and I am flying BA, so that is my excuse! &#128527
Yes - they are allowed in the terminal (as they are anywhere in the UK but Newquay!) According to the Wiki, Caffe Nero is open upstairs in Departures and Costa downstairs in Arrivals
Old Nov 1, 2020, 5:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
I take it The George, the landside pub in T5 hasn't reopened? Google thinks it is open, but there hasn't been any reviews on there or Trip Advisor since March.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There have been no changes to T5 openings this week (to 30 October). My first thought on hearing that Lockdown 2.0 was confirmed was 'I'm going to have to start this thread's wiki all over again'

Originally Posted by Forever in Seattle
I take it The George, the landside pub in T5 hasn't reopened? Google thinks it is open, but there hasn't been any reviews on there or Trip Advisor since March.
No, as per the wiki The George remains closed.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Has the T5 Avis reopened - or is it still the shuttle to the off-site lot? (and I suppose, it may all change anyway from Thursday onwards :-( )
Old Nov 3, 2020, 11:36 pm

Anyone wishing to check a bag or need to visit a desk, be prepared to wait. Long queues in all zones, First Wing seemed to be OK though.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have updated the wiki with current open retailers - this is expected to be relatively stable for the duration of the national restrictions, but I will update further should anything change.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
Really appreciate this threat!

Does anyone know if the F&M store or the Caviar House sell bottles of wine to take away?
Old Nov 6, 2020, 2:26 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by EDDLEGLL
Really appreciate this threat!

Does anyone know if the F&M store or the Caviar House sell bottles of wine to take away?
F&M certainly do.
EDDLEGLL likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
According to the e-mail that Heathrow has sent to me, the World Duty Free in Terminal 2 would remain open but the one in Terminal 5 would be closed.
I am not sure what Dufry taught when deciding to close the duty free store in Terminal 5.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.