Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Stay-at-home Taskmaster : recreate a BA meal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stay-at-home Taskmaster : recreate a BA meal

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2020, 7:51 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by Joeykins
I'm surprised no-one has picked up a couple of M&S sandwiches and posted them with a credit card receipt as their EuroTraveller meal
We are all strictly observing the lock-down and self-isolating in our homes, only venturing out to search for proper food and toilet rolls at supermarkets. Why would we buy an M&S sandwich when we could recreate our own for a fraction of the cost?
Old Mar 26, 2020, 7:53 am

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
My first attempt ever to make a cottage pie. I need to improve my piping skills to get the right BA look. But the taste was pretty good. Since I did not have a beer to go with it, I went with a gin & tonic
Your rim is almost spotless!
Old Mar 26, 2020, 7:53 am

Red face

Originally Posted by Soft Top
Edited for accuracy!
The glasses were a purchase (a set of 4) - there is a whole range and there are some absolutely lovely bits.

I should point out your editing was not accurate. It should be **from Finnair or BA** I have no idea how the VS items came into my being.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by peter h
Your rim is almost spotless!
Need to improve a bit there....
choosethedrew and peter h like this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Executive Blue
Originally Posted by fotographer
and dont forget to add those nasty nuts they serve with the drinks
Now I know what I could've done with the packet I found under my bed* recently during my spring clean.

*No, I don't quite know how it ended up there, either.
fotographer likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:28 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver
Originally Posted by marshy11
The glasses were a purchase (a set of 4) - there is a whole range and there are some absolutely lovely bits.

I should point out your editing was not accurate. It should be **from Finnair or BA** I have no idea how the VS items came into my being.
Sorry, I didn't notice the Finnair items, only the salt and pepper! Love the little message on the bottom of them
Old Mar 26, 2020, 1:08 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by TRISTAR1979
I know what you are thinking... There are to many olives on that salad and the portion of Thai Green Curry would feed a complete row, but this is my wishful thinking meal.

Sorry about the lighting, but I don’t normally have cause for bright light in what is normally the home cinema aka the Garage.
Spectacular!
Is there any way you can get me a Club Suite for my living room?
Sealink, TRISTAR1979 and alex67500 like this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
I never thought I would miss Band 2 dinners, but I also never thought I would be grounded in this manner. My little contribution is a tribute to the band 2 dinner I would probably be having right now in happier times...

The original (I rarely drink alcohol on short haul, more for the rest of you).

The home creation

Thanks to Vinotraveller for creating this thread, one of the few things that has made me smile on FT recently (though also massive appreciation for the Mods and a number of posters who have helped countless people with this situation over recent weeks)
Jed, Prospero, Strawb and 27 others like this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
I never thought I would miss Band 2 dinners, but I also never thought I would be grounded in this manner. My little contribution is a tribute to the band 2 dinner I would probably be having right now in happier times...

The original (I rarely drink alcohol on short haul, more for the rest of you).

The home creation

Thanks to Vinotraveller for creating this thread, one of the few things that has made me smile on FT recently (though also massive appreciation for the Mods and a number of posters who have helped countless people with this situation over the last weeks)
I think your home made recreation looks better than the real thing, given the choice I would take yours.
Jed, Oaxaca, Chris_G and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 3:17 pm

Programs: BAEC blue dust
Sorry to spoil the fun... I am happy to report that I have received some emergency rations from France
Vinotraveller likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 5:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
My first attempt ever to make a cottage pie. I need to improve my piping skills to get the right BA look. But the taste was pretty good. Since I did not have a beer to go with it, I went with a gin & tonic

Has the vibe of Band 4 outstation catering 👏👏👏
Old Mar 27, 2020, 4:06 am

Programs: Clan Loganair, BAEC (Blue4life), AMEX
I'm genuinely surprised at the number of people with various furnishings/parts of aircraft in their houses.
Keep up the good work, it's nice to get a bit of light relief from work, the general gloom and doom (and my parents *)

*We thought it was a good idea last weekend for me to travel up, as it would only be me and the four walls in Cardiff and just the two of them up in Perthshire but after 5 days I'm now remembering why I moved out at 17yo, 13 years ago - with the 'lockdown' it's like The Shinning but with a well stocked wine/beer cellar!
Old Mar 27, 2020, 3:34 pm

Sorry, I failed. This delicious thing looks nothing like the BA burger.

Old Mar 27, 2020, 3:48 pm

Why is the front chip so big? Ten times the size of any other! You’d never get such irregularities in a BA banquet.
Bearface likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 4:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Greenpen
Why is the front chip so big? Ten times the size of any other! You’d never get such irregularities in a BA banquet.
Ah Ted, I think I know the reason

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.