FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   23 Mar : BA Call Centre Call Routing Fault (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2014026-23-mar-ba-call-centre-call-routing-fault.html)

navylad Mar 23, 2020 5:34 am

23 Mar : BA Call Centre Call Routing Fault

Trying to get through to GGL line and getting ‘due to an evacuation, we are unable to answer your call’, does anyone have further information??

CT-UK Mar 23, 2020 5:50 am

On the phone to the Gold line right now 11:45am, I don't now if they are in the same place. The phone was answered in about 2 mins and they are being very helpful.

navylad Mar 23, 2020 5:57 am

Originally Posted by CT-UK (Post 32221650)
On the phone to the Gold line right now 11:45am, I don't now if they are in the same place. The phone was answered in about 2 mins and they are being very helpful.

Thanks, I’m still getting the evacuation message now at 1157.

krispy84 Mar 23, 2020 6:01 am

I know it’s tough, but in times like these you may have to slum it on the normal Gold line! 😁

Theres always Silver if the merde really does go flying!

Tobias-UK Mar 23, 2020 6:04 am

If appears there is a fault on the call routing.

navylad Mar 23, 2020 6:14 am

Originally Posted by krispy84 (Post 32221670)
I know it’s tough, but in times like these you may have to slum it on the normal Gold line! 😁

Theres always Silver if the merde really does go flying!

lol; I actually did just that prior to seeing your message and got straight through (which given what the lines have been like recently supports that they may well be a fault on multiple lines reducing call volumes). I let the team know as well.

For info, anyone to prevent further calls enquiring about BA15/16, they are still awaiting an update and a decision which they expect later this afternoon.

morges1 Mar 23, 2020 6:22 am

Didsbury evacuated

Just called the GGL line, got a message saying "office has been evacuated, please call later!"

derpydogs Mar 23, 2020 6:36 am

Covid19 outbreak at the office?

Prospero Mar 23, 2020 6:46 am

Possibly a knock effect of the Delhi call centre closure

Originally Posted by British Airways Trade Support
Our call centre in Delhi has been impacted by the Indian government shut down that came into force on 22 March in relation to the Covid 19 crisis. We are currently working through contingency plans, but this is having a big impact on call waiting times.

Tobias-UK Mar 23, 2020 7:33 am

The line has been restored and is up and running again

Finavia Mar 23, 2020 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 32221907)
The line has been restored and is up and running again

I’m not getting anything, just a message saying that they are taking extremely high call volumes and to try to call later. Tried the Silver line first and then being told to call the standard BA line. It’s been like this since 9am. Am I calling the wrong number?
Although I had to wait for over an hour when calling Finnair, I would rather this than be told to phone later. Also I called Iberia several times last week and getting through within 20mins each time. But would I expect any better from BA? No!! Shameful customer service!!

corporate-wage-slave Mar 23, 2020 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Finavia (Post 32222053)
I’m not getting anything, just a message saying that they are taking extremely high call volumes and to try to call later. Tried the Silver line first an then being told to call the standard BA line. It’s been like this since 9am. Am I calling the wrong number?

Unless you provide the number you are using, it's a bit difficult to say. If you are travelling, or due to travel in the next three days you should call:0800 727800.

Finavia Mar 23, 2020 8:33 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 32222067)
Unless you provide the number you are using, it's a bit difficult to say. If you are travelling, or due to travel in the next three days you should call:0800 727800.

This is the number I’ve tried ringing over and over. I’m not due to travel within the next three days but want to ensure I get to the Uk within the next week as my HEL-LHR has been cancelled. I’ve tried to rebook on line but it’s saying that flights are unavailable around the 8th of April HEL-LHR. However when I try the Finnair website there are flights available. So frustrating trying to do anything with BA at the moment!

sjc2679 Mar 23, 2020 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Finavia (Post 32222127)
So frustrating trying to do anything with BA at the moment!

Thank your lucky stars you're dealing with BA directly. You could be trying to deal with Expedia and trust me, it's worse!

Can I help you Mar 23, 2020 8:58 am

There are no BA flights from HEL to LHR on the 8th April.