FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   23 Mar : BA Call Centre Call Routing Fault (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2014026-23-mar-ba-call-centre-call-routing-fault.html)

Finavia Mar 23, 2020 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 32222229)
There are no BA flights from HEL to LHR on the 8th April.

I’m aware of this but I’m unable to rebook with Finnair although the Finnair website is showing availability. Now I have to try to call, thus putting more pressure on the call centre.

corporate-wage-slave Mar 23, 2020 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Finavia (Post 32222273)
I’m aware of this but I’m unable to rebook with Finnair although the Finnair website is showing availability. Now I have to try to call, thus putting more pressure on the call centre.

Yes, but only when you are 3 days from departure. Flights are not full, so there is no rush. At the moment, and as explained repeatedly in this forum, your efforts to get connected to an agent could be futile since they may decline to assist.

Finavia Mar 23, 2020 9:27 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 32222304)
Yes, but only when you are 3 days from departure. Flights are not full, so there is no rush. At the moment, and as explained repeatedly in this forum, your efforts to get connected to an agent could be futile since they may decline to assist.

And how about if I was flying tomorrow. I’ve been trying to get through since yesterday. What if if I couldn’t get through tomorrow?

Tobias-UK Mar 23, 2020 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Finavia (Post 32222350)
And how about if I was flying tomorrow. I’ve been trying to get through since yesterday. What if if I couldn’t get through tomorrow?

The point CWS is making is this: even if you do get through to an agent they may refuse to assist you because you are not intending to fly within the next 72 hours! BA have asked passengers not to call unless it is to make travel arrangements for the 72 hours. People have reported that the call centre staff have declines to assist those who call to discuss travel outside 72 hours.

In your shoes I would leave it for a while, unless you wish to change the reservation to travel within the next 72 hours. It will save you no end of stress.

gil123 Mar 23, 2020 9:48 am

I agree. This is disgraceful and has been the case for over 10 days as I have been trying to reach BA. Is it really that complicated or expensive to allow calls to go through and wait on hold or (better yet, like AA and others do) an automated call-back system? I have been dealing with about 10 airlines/hotel chains/OTAs to change plans since the shutdowns and BA has been by far the most difficult to reach.

Originally Posted by Finavia (Post 32222053)
I’m not getting anything, just a message saying that they are taking extremely high call volumes and to try to call later. Tried the Silver line first and then being told to call the standard BA line. It’s been like this since 9am. Am I calling the wrong number?
Although I had to wait for over an hour when calling Finnair, I would rather this than be told to phone later. Also I called Iberia several times last week and getting through within 20mins each time. But would I expect any better from BA? No!! Shameful customer service!!

Tobias-UK Mar 23, 2020 10:12 am

Originally Posted by gil123 (Post 32222440)
I agree. This is disgraceful and has been the case for over 10 days as I have been trying to reach BA. Is it really that complicated or expensive to allow calls to go through and wait on hold or (better yet, like AA and others do) an automated call-back system? I have been dealing with about 10 airlines/hotel chains/OTAs to change plans since the shutdowns and BA has been by far the most difficult to reach.

Part of the problem is people have been calling the call centre to change or enquire about flights that are many weeks, even months away. Those callers are preventing people with urgent travel needs (those hoping to travel home within the next 72 hours before flights are potentially suspended) from getting through to an agent.

The advice remains, unless your flight is within 72 hour please do not call. Wait until your flights fall within that 72 hour window or leave it for a couple of weeks or so to allow things to settle a little.

Hawk777 Mar 23, 2020 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 32222389)
The point CWS is making is this: even if you do get through to an agent they may refuse to assist you because you are not intending to fly within the next 72 hours! BA have asked passengers not to call unless it is to make travel arrangements for the 72 hours. People have reported that the call centre staff have declines to assist those who call to discuss travel outside 72 hours.

In your shoes I would leave it for a while, unless you wish to change the reservation to travel within the next 72 hours. It will save you no end of stress.

Yes it's hard to get in touch at the moment but not being helped by customers calling when being asked not to if not changing to travel or due to travel inside of 72 hours just to be told to call back wasting their time and the agents time and stopping people who need the help getting jt

Oxon Flyer Mar 23, 2020 10:50 am

We're now spilling out into stuff that's been covered at length in other threads, so unless anyone has more info about a specific reduction in capacity due to a call centre evacuation, please now refer to

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-72-hours.html

and

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ation-etc.html

Finavia Mar 23, 2020 2:19 pm

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...00f34c6aa.jpeg
Ok no more excuses BA or for BA! They need to act now and start answering more calls!

Hawk777 Mar 23, 2020 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Finavia (Post 32223506)
Ok no more excuses BA or for BA! They need to act now and start answering more calls!

we are answering as many calls as possible we aren't sat there playing board games

cjb666 Mar 23, 2020 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Finavia (Post 32223506)

apparently there are 1M people on holiday or business trips. That is a lot of calls

Finavia Mar 23, 2020 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by cjb666 (Post 32223694)
apparently there are 1M people on holiday or business trips. That is a lot of calls

There well maybe, but it’s not reassuring that BA can’t even put customers on hold. I would rather wait 2-3 hours knowing that someone will eventually answer. And are all those 1million brits BA’s customers? I very much doubt it!

Hawk777 Mar 23, 2020 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Finavia (Post 32223826)
There well maybe, but it’s not reassuring that BA can’t even put customers on hold. I would rather wait 2-3 hours knowing that someone will eventually answer. And are all those 1million brits BA’s customers? I very much doubt it!

depending on what phone supplier the customer is on they automatically get cut off After 1 hour due to the contract with their supplier not much ba can do about that

and as has been asked and said in general if ppl not travelling inside of 72 hrs had the lines would have been easier to get hold off too

planes&trains Mar 23, 2020 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by sjc2679 (Post 32222224)
You could be trying to deal with Expedia and trust me, it's worse!

I didn't know they have improved that much in a few weeks and now just worse :p

Heard horror stories from people over the last couple of weeks.

pauljeff Mar 23, 2020 6:43 pm

US GGL line still has the same message.

I'm now on hold with the UK line... let's see how that goes...