Community
Wiki Posts
Search

23 Mar : BA Call Centre Call Routing Fault

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2020, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
23 Mar : BA Call Centre Call Routing Fault

Trying to get through to GGL line and getting ‘due to an evacuation, we are unable to answer your call’, does anyone have further information??
Old Mar 23, 2020, 5:50 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
On the phone to the Gold line right now 11:45am, I don't now if they are in the same place. The phone was answered in about 2 mins and they are being very helpful.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by CT-UK
On the phone to the Gold line right now 11:45am, I don't now if they are in the same place. The phone was answered in about 2 mins and they are being very helpful.
Thanks, I’m still getting the evacuation message now at 1157.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 6:01 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
I know it’s tough, but in times like these you may have to slum it on the normal Gold line! 😁

Theres always Silver if the merde really does go flying!
Old Mar 23, 2020, 6:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
If appears there is a fault on the call routing.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krispy84
I know it’s tough, but in times like these you may have to slum it on the normal Gold line! 😁

Theres always Silver if the merde really does go flying!
lol; I actually did just that prior to seeing your message and got straight through (which given what the lines have been like recently supports that they may well be a fault on multiple lines reducing call volumes). I let the team know as well.

For info, anyone to prevent further calls enquiring about BA15/16, they are still awaiting an update and a decision which they expect later this afternoon.
krispy84 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 6:22 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Didsbury evacuated

Just called the GGL line, got a message saying "office has been evacuated, please call later!"
Old Mar 23, 2020, 6:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50k
Covid19 outbreak at the office?
Old Mar 23, 2020, 6:46 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Possibly a knock effect of the Delhi call centre closure

Originally Posted by British Airways Trade Support
Our call centre in Delhi has been impacted by the Indian government shut down that came into force on 22 March in relation to the Covid 19 crisis. We are currently working through contingency plans, but this is having a big impact on call waiting times.
narvik, golfmad and navylad like this.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 7:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
The line has been restored and is up and running again
morges1, navylad and ubiest like this.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 8:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ All the AMEX Plat things
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
The line has been restored and is up and running again
I’m not getting anything, just a message saying that they are taking extremely high call volumes and to try to call later. Tried the Silver line first and then being told to call the standard BA line. It’s been like this since 9am. Am I calling the wrong number?
Although I had to wait for over an hour when calling Finnair, I would rather this than be told to phone later. Also I called Iberia several times last week and getting through within 20mins each time. But would I expect any better from BA? No!! Shameful customer service!!

Last edited by Finavia; Mar 23, 2020 at 8:15 am Reason: Typo
Old Mar 23, 2020, 8:17 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Finavia
I’m not getting anything, just a message saying that they are taking extremely high call volumes and to try to call later. Tried the Silver line first an then being told to call the standard BA line. It’s been like this since 9am. Am I calling the wrong number?
Unless you provide the number you are using, it's a bit difficult to say. If you are travelling, or due to travel in the next three days you should call:0800 727800.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 8:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ All the AMEX Plat things
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Unless you provide the number you are using, it's a bit difficult to say. If you are travelling, or due to travel in the next three days you should call:0800 727800.
This is the number I’ve tried ringing over and over. I’m not due to travel within the next three days but want to ensure I get to the Uk within the next week as my HEL-LHR has been cancelled. I’ve tried to rebook on line but it’s saying that flights are unavailable around the 8th of April HEL-LHR. However when I try the Finnair website there are flights available. So frustrating trying to do anything with BA at the moment!
Old Mar 23, 2020, 8:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, whatever is saved on the Sky box
Originally Posted by Finavia
So frustrating trying to do anything with BA at the moment!
Thank your lucky stars you're dealing with BA directly. You could be trying to deal with Expedia and trust me, it's worse!
ijkh likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
There are no BA flights from HEL to LHR on the 8th April.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.