Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interline to OneWorld exception at LHR?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2020, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Interline to OneWorld exception at LHR?

Unsure if anyone has had a similar experience but just wanted to lay out the following scenario and get some advice from the experts!

I am GCH and am booked Monday on a LHR-OSL ticket. I also have a same day OSL-DOH flight on QR booked on a separate ticket. Usually I would have to claim my bags in OSL and re check them for the QR flight.

However, due to the new restrictions imposed by Norway for incoming passengers, I am hoping BA could make an exception to the rule and check them all the way to my final destination?

Does anyone have any experience of BA at LHR showing some flexibility with regard to this policy?
Old Mar 13, 2020, 5:40 am

My guess is you will be out of luck. This policy was brought in because BA was paying a considerable sum re uniting people with their lost baggage. I dont see BA changing any time soon.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
BA does not even imterline onto separate BA tickets so the chances of this happening are zero

Your status makes no difference.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 5:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
There is no chance BA will interline on a separate ticket on QR.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
There is no chance BA will interline on a separate ticket on QR.
So I called BA and the Agent on the phone was positive about it. He put some information in the notes section of the booking including the QR record locator for my other flight and told me to make sure the agent at the LHR check-in desk reads the notes. I hope that is sufficient.

Would be great to know if anyone in the forum has experienced something similar at LHR.

As I understand it, this is somewhat "discretionary". I myself have had an exception to the rule when traveling from EWR about 6 months ago.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Well, good luck. I suspect it was easier to tell you what you wanted to hear than to be argumentative on the phone, but I'd be surprised if it plays out for you. As mentioned above, BA doesn't even do it for their own flights.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
I believe we are in an uncharted territory. The official BA policy is not to through check bags unless it’s on the same booking/ticket. Interestingly QR would check you through the bags in the other direction.
I would politely explain the checkin staff in First Wing about the Norway situation that you most likely won’t be able to collect your bags in OSL. I hope common sense prevail but you will need someone who is going to do that.
have a plan B in case you can’t do that. I’m not sure how much baggage you want to take don’t forget BA cabin bag policy is fairly good no weight limit only size limit which is rarely enforced. If you can pack a smaller bag and no liquids then I would suggest to do that.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/Hilton Diamond/IHG Spire
I have a similar issue but mine is BA to BA, flying LHR - OSL am and then OSL-LHR-CPT PM. Travelling with child so hand baggage only not really possible. Thinking of ways to work this out bearing in mind CPT departs from T3. Evening check in of luggage for LHR -CPT?Any suggestions appreciated....
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by baileysserpant
I have a similar issue but mine is BA to BA, flying LHR - OSL am and then OSL-LHR-CPT PM. Travelling with child so hand baggage only not really possible. Thinking of ways to work this out bearing in mind CPT departs from T3. Evening check in of luggage for LHR -CPT?Any suggestions appreciated....
Use Airportr for yiur Cape Town luggage check in. Will be a godsend
baileysserpant likes this.
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Luggage is likely a secondary concern.

1. Is transit at OSL permitted at all?
2. Will BA board a passenger holding an onwards ticket on another carrier?
3. What happens if the other carrier is cancelled or delayed?

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by jfs5
So I called BA and the Agent on the phone was positive about it. He put some information in the notes section of the booking including the QR record locator for my other flight and told me to make sure the agent at the LHR check-in desk reads the notes. I hope that is sufficient.

Would be great to know if anyone in the forum has experienced something similar at LHR.

As I understand it, this is somewhat "discretionary". I myself have had an exception to the rule when traveling from EWR about 6 months ago.
Friend had this refused today. Hope you have a plan B.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Friend had this refused today. Hope you have a plan B.
Was you friend traveling LHR-OSL?
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:56 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

This might be a stupid idea, but could you use FEDEX, DHL, UPS etc. pp and ship your luggage to your final destinations? Even if it is 100 GBP, it might be money well spend
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Phone agents aren't always au fait with what check in staff have to do.

Check in staff have been instructed - repeatedly - not to interline on separate tickets. Whilst you might get some contract staff at outstations to do it you won't where BA employes the staff.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 9:08 am

I have not seen any details of the Norwegian restrictions, but is it possible that they permit leaving the country before the end of the quarantine period?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.