Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Help thread : Which aircraft registration is scheduled to operate my BA flight ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 11, 2020, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Please use this thread to enquire which aircraft registration is scheduled to operate a future BA flight.

Self Help Tips
The best publicly-available resource is probably Flightradar24 data :
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/

This frequently shows aircraft allocations 2 or 3 days out. Click through the aircraft registration to see the schedule for that aircraft, including the inbound for your own flight.
Note that while FR24 is pretty reliable, it is subject to change and the occasional error.

If there is no aircraft allocated, then you could try looking at the same flight 7 days previously as a pointer to the aircraft rosters for your own day.

For historic flight data, the subscription-free version of FR24 only goes back 7 days. thebasource tracker goes back much further :
http://thebasource.com/trackers/

BAs own internal systems sometimes have better data than you see on FR24, and FT is fortunate is having a number of correspondents who have access to internal data, which they post as a courtesy.

Print Wikipost

Help thread : Which aircraft registration is scheduled to operate my BA flight ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2020, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ba exec club

A selfish one but could anyone with knowledge advise the scheduled aircraft regs for

BA1436 - 11/03
BA1437 - 12/03

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 10, 2020, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Here you go
BA1436 G-DBCE
BA1437 G-EUUI
Old Mar 10, 2020, 4:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Hi, Sorry to hijack the thread, but asking the same question for a different flight
How far out until we know what plane is flying?
Looking to see BA2159 on the 20th March / BA2158 on the 27th March
Having a look on flightradar24 and there seem to be a number of planes that fly that route and it doesn't say anything about the future ones
Ta
Old Mar 10, 2020, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Will know 2 to 3 days out.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by stuvoi
How far out until we know what plane is flying?
AIUI, some insiders will generally have access to information about planned aircraft allocation about 3 days before the flight. This information may or may not get posted on FR24 before the flight actually takes off.

There is one exception to this in the BA network.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Will know 2 to 3 days out.
Ta
Old Mar 10, 2020, 5:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by Globaliser
There is one exception to this in the BA network.
There are two exceptions.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 5:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Airprox
There are two exceptions.
There are three exceptions actually.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 5:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by drakepassage
oooooh, now you’ve got the old grey matter going!
Old Mar 11, 2020, 1:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: ba exec club
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Here you go
BA1436 G-DBCE
BA1437 G-EUUI
Thank youuuu!

Appreciated.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Airprox
Originally Posted by drakepassage
oooooh, now you’ve got the old grey matter going!
Pedants!
Old Mar 11, 2020, 10:18 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Sorry to hijack the thread
It's about time we had a consolidated master thread where folks can ask about the allocation of BA aircraft to their flight, so as or today, we do.

There's a wiki at the head of the thread with a few self-help tips. Please feel free to enhance the wiki with your own tips.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 10:24 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
It's about time we had a consolidated master thread where folks can ask about the allocation of BA aircraft to their flight, so as or today, we do.

There's a wiki at the head of the thread with a few self-help tips. Please feel free to enhance the wiki with your own tips.
This was very much needed and will be so useful. Well done for setting the wiki up.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 10:33 am

So, this is based on my original 'hijack' quesiton above... but I don't think I am quite so worried about the specific plane at the moment.
I don't tend to note the specific plane I am on, so it always becomes a surprise to me when I get on the next one.
I am flying LGW to UVF. (Last summer I flew back from costa rica to LGW and was in one very tatty old plane - so much so, got 45,000 avois by way of apology)
My original worry was that I was going to get a tired 777 again (pre-refurb) - but I was looking on the refurb thread and it says that all 777s from LGW have now been refurbed, so the plane should be half decent with reasonable IFE (Are they all the same now)?
I am flying in CW, I know from MMB I am flying in a 3 class plane (4 rows of CW). I know it's still the old style CW seat, but are these 'new' old seats, or are they old old seats, did they change the IFE in these / have they got USB / charging capabilities?
With the reduction in CW seating, is the service any better / worse from havng fewer seats?
Where is the exit from the plane, in front of Row1, or behind Row4?
Old Mar 11, 2020, 11:01 am

Does anyone know the aircraft regs for:

BA 273 on the 15/3?

many thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.