Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Price Hike again to choose seat

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2020, 4:29 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Nick, I won’t deny the simplification of my response. I think you need commercial data to support your hypothesis. I suppose my BCN-LHR datapoint gives one example where BA was rather good at protecting seat choices for full fare customers and less successful at collecting ancillary revenue.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 12:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Since I presume many were calling up to ask why they couldn’t select a seat, but that few bother to call up to haggle I would look no further than reduced customer contact load for a reason that there is a price but it’s rather higher than most would pay.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 3:17 pm
mhy

Programs: JGC
When I took my first business trip on BA last year, I think it allowed me free seat selection (in CW). This was before I linked my OW Sapphire FF number to the reservation. So it seems that in addition to OW elites, certain corporate contracts have this written in. I think my fare class was "J" (though the price my company paid was clearly a discounted fare)
Old Feb 28, 2020, 11:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by mhy
When I took my first business trip on BA last year, I think it allowed me free seat selection (in CW). This was before I linked my OW Sapphire FF number to the reservation. So it seems that in addition to OW elites, certain corporate contracts have this written in. I think my fare class was "J" (though the price my company paid was clearly a discounted fare)
J fare class explicitly gets seat selection, so that would have covered it notwithstanding any corporate deal.
percysmith likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.