Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Stansted to Chambery - Cityflyer Seat 2C/2D best seats?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2020, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Taking my first “Cityflyer” flight, and incidentally my first out of Stansted in a long time.

Although it means getting up stupidly early, it seems to be the closest option for Meribel, and allows us to make the most of the day there.

There were only two seats left in CE (none in ET), and at 12500 plus just £1 seemed worth it.

I’m not clear on the layout though - BA MMB allocated us 1A/B, and shows only 5 rows. However Seatguru shows 11 rows. I’m therefore not sure if the photos I’ve seen of 2C/D are the ones with loads of leg room?
Old Feb 15, 2020, 8:33 am
dnw

Yes, you want 2C/D.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 9:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Best not to use Seatguru, it's not very accurate anyway and positively incorrect on BA aircraft.

Indeed 2C and 2D are great seats on 190s, however the landing into Chambéry is one of the most beautiful on BA's network. If you end up going down the centre of Lac du Bourget, you would want to be in an A seat to see the Aips and Aix in the final few minutes. That's assuming the weather is good, it can be quite grim there, and you'll not see much anyway.
likethis likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 11:58 am
Suspended

BACF has three STN-CMF flights today and Saturday 22nd, satisfying peak half term demand, they certainly are keen to utilise aircraft when demand is there.
likethis likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 1:29 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
1AB also provide ample room if you're used to non-bulkhead/exit rows on any western European carrier so I wouldn't worry about this one too much.
likethis likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
In fact, all seats on the E190 provide generous legroom. On the 170 there’s more of an advantage to the front row.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 6:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you end up going down the centre of Lac du Bourget, you would want to be in an A seat to see the Aips and Aix in the final few minutes.
This is the one and only approach to Chambery so you will always fly southbound down the lake to the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.