Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Clean seats aboard BA assured only to VIP passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clean seats aboard BA assured only to VIP passengers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2020, 6:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I remember at GLA boarding a full shuttle down to LHR and was held back until my seat had been 'cleaned'. I'm more a VUP than a VIP.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Thank you for this.

That sounds much more like it to me. Still never ever let sensational inaccuracies stand in the way of the truth.
Still not exactly great PR for BA - "we are introducing additional cleanliness checks for seats occupied by our high value passengers"

Fine. However if they had confidence in the cleanliness of their own aircraft they wouldn't need to do this.
GlasgowBlue likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 6:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Personally I’m far from convinced that this report has any truth whatever to it.

To me, the sheer logistics of identifying specific seats - and then cleaning only those - seem more challenging / troublesome than actually cleaning the entire aircraft.

Then again, we do know that BA (with good reason) places serious emphasis on effective turnarounds and high-percentage punctuality stats ; and with any such targets there will, inevitably, come certain time pressures.

I just checked ba.com to see if there is any evidence of a change in official policy and status benefits ; but there is nothing to be found on the dedicated ‘Compare the Tiers’ webpage.

Nonetheless, it wouldn’t be the first time that a highly-questionable rumour in the airline world turns out subsequently to have more than a ring of truth about it. And so if - by any chance - this story is proven to be another such example, then I think it would make sense for BA to spell out their cleaning arrangements and thus help manage expectations of BAEC members in terms of what to find on their chosen seat.

In this context, I can envisage an appropriate addition to the comparison table to look something like this :

Blue : BYOW (Bring-Your-Own-Wipes)

Bronze : Wipes supplied by Cabin Crew, on request

Silver : Seat cleaned, prior to boarding - where time allows

Gold : Guaranteed seat cleaning prior to boarding
Old Jan 26, 2020, 7:38 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Do you all do the same on the train? My office now has desk booking so anybody can sit at any desk & I haven’t noticed much additional cleaning going on!
Old Jan 26, 2020, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by drvannostren
What I can't tell you, is if there is a BA staffer who checks on specific seats. Ex-Prince Harry flew in to YVR about a week ago and my guess is someone at LHR probably did do a little extra check on his (presumably) F seat.
Didn’t he fly AC? ISTR judging by the time he popped up on the other side again, it must have been a departure earlier than BA’s evening flight.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 10:28 am

Programs: Ba Silver ( for now!)
I have to say that BA is the only airline I can think of that does not come round can collect rubbish.

On long haul the cabins are in a terrible state and the prime reason seems the crew feel they are above coming round to collect it. Short haul is no better but there is less time for total carnage.

low cost carriers like easyjet Come round typically 2-3 times on a flight to say Palma.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Sadly this is completely true.
British Airways please clean ALL seats for ALL customers, this is a basic expectation.
Dambus and AnaTravel like this.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by bwaflyer
There has been reports from some of my colleagues that members of the concorde team have come on board before boarding with a pack of wet wipes and cleaned the seat of a Prem customer. You couldn't make it up!
Ah, another one who ticked the "clean seat [10£]" option when booking with BA.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 1:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Sadly this is completely true.
As Gold, I can't recall many times (or any?) when my seat was satisfactorily clean.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 9:00 pm

Programs: Confirmed
If I make a comparison of pathogen bacteria per square inch on your work desk and a BA tray table, which one do you think is cleaner?
Old Jan 27, 2020, 2:34 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Greenpen
Or just bugs.
They only infect BA's IT systems
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
Forget the plane seat, it's the TV remote in the hotel room you really want to worry about..............
Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:14 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by drvannostren
Ex-Prince Harry flew in to YVR about a week ago and my guess is someone at LHR probably did do a little extra check on his (presumably) F seat. But ex-outstations, there's only so many people on staff and only so much they can do.

The plane I saw Harry getting off had Westjet written on the side of it!
Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Westjet fly from Vancouver to Victoria Island.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by ringingup
As Gold, I can't recall many times (or any?) when my seat was satisfactorily clean.
Prems and GGL's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.