Wiki Posts
Search

B747 refurb LAX-LHR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
B747 refurb LAX-LHR

I am planning a trip for March and the flight back is either B747 or A380. Normally this isn't even a discussion it would be the A380 every time But as the B747 goes ~5 hrs earlier I was wondering if any of the people knew what state the interior would be (old/new/refurbed, etc). Unfortunately due to company travel it will be WTP
Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
you can see here the history of aircraft that have flown this route over the last month

Route Tracker | The BA Source

This can give you an idea how likely you are to get on old/new/refurbed.

Also looking at the seatmap for the day of your flight will give an indication. If I remember correctly WT+ on the older 747 interiors are is between CW and F. on the refurbs its behind CW
Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I’d say you have a better chance of a bump from WTP to CW on the 86J 747
Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by LittleWardy
But as the B747 goes ~5 hrs earlier I was wondering if any of the people knew what state the interior would be (old/new/refurbed, etc).
All 747s in service have been refurbished or refreshed in some way. The tracker (see my signature) will show you which has what. The only in-service aircraft that has not had the work done is undergoing it now.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
This was another reason to consider the B747 as I used to on the LHR-ORD route

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.