Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holidays and BA flight sale

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2020, 4:05 am
Original Poster

BA Holidays and BA flight sale

There are some decent (economy!) fares available to the US West Coast, sub £300. When searching as a BA holiday the pricing doesn’t seem to correlate. Do BA holidays benefit from the lower priced air fares?

One potential issues is the cheapest air fares require a connection in say Chicago on the way back. The BA holiday flights are all direct both ways. Am I doing anything wrong?

thanks as ever.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 4:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
After selecting a hotel (or car), you should be able to click "Select alternative flights" and reasonable connections should be displayed on that list. I've occasionally had it so that BA Holidays didn't automatically select the cheapest possible one (but in my case, the cheaper ones were crappier connections / times of day).

I'd assume BA Holidays benefits from the sale, since they even advertise BA Holidays as part of the sale.
Crismyth likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 4:27 am

Try searching flight only, then add a car to make a fly/drive
rockflyertalk and sunshinebob like this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 6:46 am

Programs: BAEC
Would it also depend on the number of passengers? For example, If there’s 4 of you then the lowest fare bucket may not be available for 4 passengers.

As others have said worth trying flight only and then adding a car or selecting alternative flights in the holiday booking form.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 4:16 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue
I’ve had a few brilliant deals through BA holidays to the USA, I had a delay in ORD last week due to snow so they refunded me a night of the hote stay in Vegas, only got £30 back and the holiday cost 1850 in PE. Shows how little they pay for the hotel and how much the flights cost. I guess £800 would still be a good price in PE to LAS from NCL via ORD outbound and LAX on the way back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.