Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holiday

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2020, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
BA Holiday

I have a BA holiday booked for March (LHR-DFW-CUN), with the two outbound segments on AA metal. I called AA to change seats, which they have done and these changes are reflected in the AA app, however the second segment is still showing the original seats in MMB in the BA app. If this remains the same when it’s time to check in online, will my BP for the second leg show the original seats as per the BA app or the revised seats as per the AA app? I could of course check in online and obtain BPs at the AA desk in T3 when dropping bags off.

p.s. this is my first post, so apologies if my acronyms are a bit random
Old Jan 13, 2020, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Welcome to flyertalk and the BA forum! I hope you'll enjoy your time here! Don't worry, the BA and AA seat systems are not well connected so that sort of discrepancy is frequent but you should be fine when you check in. Also, this is just about the BA/AA system connections, not related to booking a BA holiday.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Welcome to flyertalk and the BA forum! I hope you'll enjoy your time here! Don't worry, the BA and AA seat systems are not well connected so that sort of discrepancy is frequent but you should be fine when you check in. Also, this is just about the BA/AA system connections, not related to booking a BA holiday.
Thanks and point noted on the subject
Old Jan 13, 2020, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
With AA operated flights you manage them via the AA app / website that includes seat and meal selections, entering APIS data and check-in.

Us the BA app / website to manage the BA operated flights.

My BA MMB looks a right mess at the moment because I have a bookign with a mix of BA and AA flights with the BA app showing the seats AA initially allocated to me but not the revised ones.
T8191 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
With AA operated flights you manage them via the AA app / website that includes seat and meal selections, entering APIS data and check-in.

Us the BA app / website to manage the BA operated flights.

My BA MMB looks a right mess at the moment because I have a bookign with a mix of BA and AA flights with the BA app showing the seats AA initially allocated to me but not the revised ones.
I changed seats on all 4 flights (3 AA and 1 BA), MMB is showing the correct revised seating for 3 of the legs but not for 1 of the AA legs. It seemed strange that there was an inconsistency, but as has been advised it should be resolved at check in. Thanks for the response.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 9:17 am

You could DMing AA on Twitter to see if they can fix for you. They are pretty responsive.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 2:54 pm

Programs: Ba Silver ( for now!)
I have just done that trip in pe in Aa.

Stayed in the Grand Palladium.

Aa are good. Service is a little industrial!

Dallas is large and by US standards a decent airport. The lounge didn’t look great so we didn’t bother.

enjoy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.