Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Belfast City Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2022, 6:01 pm

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
Originally Posted by Simonp27
I visited this lounge for the first time on Tuesday. As a space it is fine with plenty of seating options and a nice view.

However the food offer is woeful.
Funny enough, food offering during COVID was much better than now. Table service and better menu.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 3:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
The last time I was there they had a special edition Irish whiskey from Scotts in Co. Fermanagh that was delightful. If that's still there anyone coming through should give it a try.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 4:32 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by Simonp27
I visited this lounge for the first time on Tuesday. As a space it is fine with plenty of seating options and a nice view.

However the food offer is woeful.
I am sick to death of those Sausage Baps.

Also: Wish that WH Smiths would fix the fridge that has been broken for about 8 months as I like to purchase a soft drink for the flight!

Last edited by JD1905; Oct 13, 2022 at 4:42 am
Old Oct 13, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Schwann
Lounge access is fine for your two guests.
Thank you, great to know for sure.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 7:38 am
formerly JackDann

"Aspire Lounges has today announced a £1.2million investment into a premium lounge offering, effectively increasing its capacity by 70 people and ensuring our passengers can enjoy a high quality, premium lounge offering whilst waiting to board their flight.

In partnership with DV8 Designs, the refurbished lounge will incorporate a blend of tile and slatted curved screens, plush upholstery design seating, and enclosed private booths."

Already quite a good lounge - link to article is broken but will post once it's fixed.
bhdcommuter likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 8:32 am
ECR

Originally Posted by JD1905
"Aspire Lounges has today announced a £1.2million investment into a premium lounge offering, effectively increasing its capacity by 70 people and ensuring our passengers can enjoy a high quality, premium lounge offering whilst waiting to board their flight.

In partnership with DV8 Designs, the refurbished lounge will incorporate a blend of tile and slatted curved screens, plush upholstery design seating, and enclosed private booths."

Already quite a good lounge - link to article is broken but will post once it's fixed.
£1.2m seems quite a lot of money to invest in a lounge, so Aspire must be confident they will see a return on their investment. BA spent £300k when they opened the lounge in 2014 (see BA opens new Belfast City lounge).

The link to the article on Belfast City Airport website news article about the Aspire lounge is below:-

Aspire Announces £1.2million Investment into Belfast City Airport Premium Lounge Facility
Old Feb 24, 2023, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by ECR
£1.2m seems quite a lot of money to invest in a lounge, so Aspire must be confident they will see a return on their investment. BA spent £300k when they opened the lounge in 2014 (see BA opens new Belfast City lounge).

The link to the article on Belfast City Airport website news article about the Aspire lounge is below:-

Aspire Announces £1.2million Investment into Belfast City Airport Premium Lounge Facility
I suspect they have a lot more (than historically) revenue forecast to be coming directly from airlines to justify the expenditure. Aer Lingus Gold Circle, KLM, Lufthansa and BA.

I wonder if this will include the previously rumoured BA only area.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 11:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
Originally Posted by SHT88T

I wonder if this will include the previously rumoured BA only area.
I would imagine this involves merging the old Aspire lounge into the current (ex-BA) lounge, with possibly merging in the corridor area to put the WCs inside the lounge proper. Those WCs haven’t been refurbished since the terminal opened in 2002 and are showing their age.

A BA only area would be nice but difficult logistically if it was to be located by the gate 4 door. Otherwise they could do a replica of the old BD lounge with an inner Diamond Lounge sanctum at the back accessed by a card reader on the door….
SHT88T likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 5:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver, A3
Originally Posted by bd95
I would imagine this involves merging the old Aspire lounge into the current (ex-BA) lounge, with possibly merging in the corridor area to put the WCs inside the lounge proper. Those WCs haven’t been refurbished since the terminal opened in 2002 and are showing their age.

A BA only area would be nice but difficult logistically if it was to be located by the gate 4 door. Otherwise they could do a replica of the old BD lounge with an inner Diamond Lounge sanctum at the back accessed by a card reader on the door….
That's what I understood from a chat with them a couple of weeks ago. Making it one big lounge from the old Aspire one right through.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 12:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The old aspire lounge is already joined up to the ba lounge - so I am not sure where the expansion is.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33610429-post3277.html
Old Feb 25, 2023, 1:10 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
The old aspire lounge is already joined up to the ba lounge - so I am not sure where the expansion is.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33610429-post3277.html
There’s a kitchen at the back of the current lounge which they might not need as the old Aspire lounge has a kitchen area so they might gain some space there. They would also gain a bit of space by incorporating the access corridor to the old Aspire lounge. This corridor is blocked off at the door to the current lounge, while the other end of the corridor is used to access the bathrooms.
KARFA and SHT88T like this.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 1:12 am

I am disappointed with what has happened because I thought this was one of the nicer BA lounges, with great staff and direct access to the aircraft.
TRISTAR1979 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 1:12 am

Thanks, bd95 that makes sense.

The way some have been going on about this on certain blogs suggests the expansion is the joining up to the actual old aspire lounge, but as can be seen that happened already in 2021.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by _nate
I am disappointed with what has happened because I thought this was one of the nicer BA lounges, with great staff and direct access to the aircraft.
The direct access hasn’t gone.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
Thanks, bd95 that makes sense.

The way some have been going on about this on certain blogs suggests the expansion is the joining up to the actual old aspire lounge, but as can be seen that happened already in 2021.
Have both lounges been merged? I don't think they have. The wall that divides both lounges is still there, even though the floor plan on the airport's website shows it the lounge as both combined on an L shape.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.