Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Day trip to BA F lounge at T5

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Day trip to BA F lounge at T5

If I book a one way ticket from OSL to LHR and same one way back in the same afternoon. Do I need to exit T5 and go through First Wing again? I am BA gold so have access to FW and F lounge. I know they have conformance at T5. But is the conformance something the agents in the F lounge can fix so I do not need to exit?
Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
If you don't have bags you can check in online and use the transfer security and go up the stairs again.
Mostly faster to immigrate and use the wing tho
Markie likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
You can enter the concorde room from airside. You can use the transit route to get to departures staying airside. You do not need to exit and re enter via the first wing.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Unless OP is CCR holder they can’t use the Concorde room for access
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Apologies, bA F lounge.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
You either need to go through flight connections (bp check and security) or go through immigration/landside/up to TFW and through security to get in to the airside departures area.
TravelManBiz likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Flight Connections isn't just for those with connections on one ticket, you can use it to start a new trip there if arriving from another service and without checked bags. If you have a passport from one of the e-gate countries then it's generally quicker to go out to landside via the UK Border instead of Flight Connections, particularly if you have either Fast Track or the First Wing access, and particularly before about 16:00 hrs. Thereafter it's probably much of a muchness.

If your next flight is less than an hour away, for multiple reasons you best used Flight Connection, even though it may take longer.
TravelManBiz likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Thank you for all the quick replies Since I need to use flight connections anyway, I will use the FW instead. Could take some more time, but I have about 6h at T5 before flying home again, so no rush

I am going with a friend who enjoys Champagne. So rather than going out in Norway on a restaurant and buy a Champagne there, it is cheaper to fly to LHR and spend some hours there Even if I pay for the ticket, and the I get some Avios also. If I use Avios, even more value
Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:59 am

So I'm guessing the OP's underlying question was can he 'remain' in departures without going through security. To which the answer (as noted above) is no, because OP won't deplane into departures but into the segregated arrivals stream. There is no way of getting to the F lounge without going through a security check, which is what will also trigger the conformance green light.
TravelManBiz likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by TravelManBiz
Thank you for all the quick replies Since I need to use flight connections anyway, I will use the FW instead.

You either go through First Wing or Flight Connections. If you use flight connections you cannot go through first wing.

Either way you do go through security.
TravelManBiz likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 10:17 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
If I book a one way ticket from OSL to LHR and same one way back in the same afternoon. Do I need to exit T5 and go through First Wing again? I am BA gold so have access to FW and F lounge. I know they have conformance at T5. But is the conformance something the agents in the F lounge can fix so I do not need to exit?
Seems a long way to go for an ‘OK’ and often very busy lounge. Are you planning on taking a spinner bag to fill up with Kettle crisps and wine borrowed from the lounge make the trip worthwhile?
Thomathy and ashkale like this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I am going with a friend who enjoys Champagne. So rather than going out in Norway on a restaurant and buy a Champagne there, it is cheaper to fly to LHR and spend some hours there Even if I pay for the ticket, and the I get some Avios also. If I use Avios, even more value
..………...
Old Jan 11, 2020, 10:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I am going with a friend who enjoys Champagne. So rather than going out in Norway on a restaurant and buy a Champagne there, it is cheaper to fly to LHR and spend some hours there.
It might (possibly) be cheaper, but there are some gorgeous waterside venues in Oslo which would be far nicer places to spend a day with a friend than an airport lounge. Galleries First is really quite grim.
rossmacd, Thomathy and TGLoyalty like this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DFB_london
Seems a long way to go for an ‘OK’ and often very busy lounge. Are you planning on taking a spinner bag to fill up with Kettle crisps and wine borrowed from the lounge make the trip worthwhile?
I know the BA F lounge is not the best F lounge out there. I have for example been to the CX F lounges a few times and they are really great. In fact, we go to Singapore every year for a holiday to visit my wife family. While we are there, I make sure to use some Avios and fly to TPE for an evening with many hours connection at HKG

Flying is my hobby and I never fly for work. Still, I am able to renew my BA gold card just through good TP runs. So, since I have the gold card I better get some good use of it right? We fly Y to LHR, but I get the emergency row and seat block mostly, and often I get some free Champagne onboard as BA gold after the greeting

So if I can fly to LAS for 1 night on a TP run, flying to LHR is not an issue. And I am not steeling anything from the lounge. In fact, I rather sit in the F lounge than a restaurant in Oslo (I do that also) Call me strange, but we all have our things right?
Old Jan 11, 2020, 10:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Misco60
I. Galleries First is really quite grim.
I love the "quite" modifier. Still, I must make an effort to visit this appalling facility that has somehow eluded all my T5 visits to date.
NickB, HIDDY, IFE Wizard and 4 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.