Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Work from T5 First Class lounge on a Friday afternoon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2020, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Recently gained Gold status so will be able to visit the T5 First Class lounge. I have a Friday flight coming up and will need to work from the lounge for the afternoon.

In the past I've been using the Plaza Premium lounge which from my experience is way better than the Galleries, as it's got enough work space and is a lot quieter. I've only been to the First Class lounge once a long time ago - would it be better in this scenario or shall I stick with the Plaza Premium?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 8:55 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
The quietest space in GF I've found is the computer room opposite guest services. Do note however that it is still open-plan with the rest of the lounge, announcements are still occasionally made, the ever-present threat of loud obnoxious people on conference calls is still there, and there might be service staff coming through chinking crockery and glasses.
I would not want to take an important business call from there but it is fine for a few hours' work / to take a quick call with colleagues I've found.
strayersong and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:16 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold, Marriott Platinum
I find the B Gate Lounge the best place when needing somewhere quiet to work. I just take the walkways back to the A Gates if my flight is out of there but the GF lounge is always very noisy!
Old Jan 7, 2020, 2:24 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by IslingtonFlyer
I find the B Gate Lounge the best place when needing somewhere quiet to work. I just take the walkways back to the A Gates if my flight is out of there but the GF lounge is always very noisy!
I would agree with this if you have lots of time in T5. A ten minute walk each way.
IslingtonFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
In comparison of the two lounges discussed, my advice seconds many other's: T5B lounge is a civilised place to work in, even for a couple of hours. The GF OK for less serious matters.

Regardless of which option OP's choice will be, I allow myself to issue some words of warning, when working in the lounge:
Don't overload your plates/trays, especially if arriving while still breakfast is served.And also, don't attempt to print large files, in particular manuscripts for a doctoral thesis. The combo of these two has historically been the cause of profuse indignation in this forum.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 3:07 pm

The T5B lounge is often the best lounge in T5. If you don't care for (or don't need/want) the trappings of the CCR or GF, it is the best place to spend time to do... whatever!

rb211.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.