Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to spending Avios | 2020 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to spending Avios | 2020 edition

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2020, 7:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by AJA_
Thanks SonicStar. I have been trying for a few weeks to figure this one out as I use Google Chrome and noticed that the wikis had changed and all the tables had disappeared. Well done to you for figuring this out and thanks again for sharing the solution. :-)
No problem!
Old Oct 12, 2020, 10:47 am

F Availability

Hey guys
Quick question
need 3 x F class tickets LHR-JFK late jan 21
can only buy 2 on BA (blue memeber)
According to EF F is empty
but on ba site I can only buy 2
how can I get the 3rd ticket
This is an avios redemption
thanks
Old Oct 12, 2020, 11:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Palty
Hey guys
Quick question
need 3 x F class tickets LHR-JFK late jan 21
can only buy 2 on BA (blue memeber)
thanks
This is the wrong thread for you, Your guide to spending Avios | 2020 edition is the correct one.

To answer your question, BA have currently only released two F tickets for Avios on the flight that you want. They cannot be made to (by a blue member) release any more. The only other options are to use cash for the third or to look for a different flight with 3 F seats available.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Palty
If you're simply looking at the seat map on EF, then that tells you nothing about whether or when you might be able to get more than two award seats in the future. If BA is only selling two award seats now on this flight, then two is all that you can be guaranteed to get.

In addition to the suggestions made by wilsnunn, one further option might be to book the two seats in F, and then book one more seat in another cabin (eg CW), and then keep your fingers crossed that at some stage in the future a further F seat might become available so that that passenger can be moved into it. But if that happens after the sale has ended, then the chances are that you will have to pay the difference to the full Avios price for that third seat, not the current sale price.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 5:51 pm

Last night, I booked (by phone) an off-peak award flight from LHR to PMI (Mallorca) for Oct. 1, 2021, in Club Europe.

The phone agent took 19,250 Avios from my account. Later, I did a dummy booking on-line, and the Avios amount shown was the same, 19,250.

Here is my question: I believe that LHR-PMI is a zone 2 flight. While BA does not currently publish their Avios award table, the table displayed at the top of this thread (and in other blogs), shows Zone 2 off-peak CE flights at 12,750 Avios. Moreover, 19,250 does not show up anywhere on the Avios award schedule, for any flight, regardless of zone.

What am I missing here? This is certainly not a life-or-death problem, but it is bugging me that I cannot replicate the 19,250 number. Any ideas? Thanks!
Old Oct 12, 2020, 8:55 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Last night, I booked (by phone) an off-peak award flight from LHR to PMI (Mallorca) for Oct. 1, 2021, in Club Europe.

The phone agent took 19,250 Avios from my account. Later, I did a dummy booking on-line, and the Avios amount shown was the same, 19,250.

Here is my question: I believe that LHR-PMI is a zone 2 flight. While BA does not currently publish their Avios award table, the table displayed at the top of this thread (and in other blogs), shows Zone 2 off-peak CE flights at 12,750 Avios. Moreover, 19,250 does not show up anywhere on the Avios award schedule, for any flight, regardless of zone.

What am I missing here? This is certainly not a life-or-death problem, but it is bugging me that I cannot replicate the 19,250 number. Any ideas? Thanks!
12,750 and £25.00 for CE would normally be correct however by default when booking these sort of flights it goes to the higher amount of Avios plus a tiny amount of cash.

If you look at the different pricing options by going into ba.com and doing a dummy booking then clicking on 'more pricing options' you would see this:

Total Price (Including all taxes, fees, and carrier charges)
19250 Avios + £ 0.50

More pricing options

You can select when paying
  • 16250 Avios + £ 12.50
  • 14250 Avios + £ 17.50
  • 12750 Avios + £ 25.00
  • 9250 Avios + £ 57.50
  • 7250 Avios + £ 72.50
Cheers

Pete
Old Oct 12, 2020, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia

In addition to PETER01's answer, you can see these threads for some more discussion:
What am I missing? [Off-peak Avios amount LHR-DUS]
Have BA changed their Avios charges?
Avios Redemption Pricing Error?
PETER01 and Steve in Olympia like this.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by PETER01
12,750 and £25.00 for CE would normally be correct however by default when booking these sort of flights it goes to the higher amount of Avios plus a tiny amount of cash.

If you look at the different pricing options by going into ba.com and doing a dummy booking then clicking on 'more pricing options' you would see this:

Total Price (Including all taxes, fees, and carrier charges)
19250 Avios + £ 0.50

More pricing options

You can select when paying
  • 16250 Avios + £ 12.50
  • 14250 Avios + £ 17.50
  • 12750 Avios + £ 25.00
  • 9250 Avios + £ 57.50
  • 7250 Avios + £ 72.50
Cheers

Pete
This recent change is explained in greater detail here:

https://onemileatatime.com/british-a...-award-prices/
Old Oct 19, 2020, 3:39 am

Programs: SQ Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, DL Silver, AS MVP, B6 Mosaic, QR, EY, KE, CX, PR
Why am I unable to book without calling?

The itinerary you have selected can only be ticketed by mail. To book this trip, please start again and re-select a later outbound date or contact your Service Centre.

Is there another way around this? Even LHR to MAN is not bookable without calling.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 12:27 pm

Programs: BAEC
I’m just looking RFS or any reward seat for leaving this week to AGP (one way) and there’s very little at all. Will that change over night or at any point before Thursday?

Or have BA scrapped any leftover availability due to the recent announcement?

Thanks.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 3:07 pm

Has anyone been able to book AA "Web Special" award space via BA Avios? I don't seem to be able to search for MileSaaver on AA.com anymore but can see plenty of "Web Special" awards that are not showing up on BA.com.

Has anyone had success with the BA call center?
Old Nov 26, 2020, 2:50 am

Can anybody tell me how much additional fees/taxes typically are on a J to F avios upgrade on LHR to JFK?
Thanks
Old Nov 26, 2020, 2:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jonnyjd
Can anybody tell me how much additional fees/taxes typically are on a J to F avios upgrade on LHR to JFK?
Thanks
if this is an exUK booking, likely none.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
if this is an exUK booking, likely none.
Thanks KARFA - departing from MAN
Old Dec 1, 2020, 8:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Looking to upgrade an flight from WTP to CW on DXB-LHR next year. I have tried to calculate the extra taxes/surcharges due myself using ITA Matrix and make the difference £43.10 but BA.com is trying to charge me £53.10

Which sounds correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.