Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Need advice - AA LAX-SJC-LAX in I Class - both with same flight#

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2020, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Hello

I need your advise..
I'm 70 TP short of BA Gold status & planning on a little "run" thus thinking of doing AA LAX-SJC-LAX in 'I' class - this, hopefully, should yield 80 TP.

Before I'm booking that I want to be sure that this will be the case.

Flight is 6026 American Airlines (Operated by Compass Airlines as American Eagle),
What is interesting is that both LAX-SJC & SJC-LAX have the same flight numbers - 6026.

Do you foresee any problems with achieving those 80TP?

Thanks.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
You should be fine.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 3:12 am
Original Poster

No problem with the same flight number OR that it is operated by Compass Airlines as American Eagle?
I don't see any problem with the 'Back-to-back / Immediate Turnaround' Right?
Old Jan 1, 2020, 3:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles & More Silver, Privilege Club Silver
American frequently number the flights in both directions between two airports with the same flight number but they are separate flights.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 3:42 am

Programs: BA GGL
My gut feeling is that it should be on separate coupons of the ticket (or different tickets entirely?) so should be fine.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Beaulieu
My gut feeling is that it should be on separate coupons of the ticket (or different tickets entirely?) so should be fine.
Not sure....As this is an immediate turnaround I thought it would be wiser to have a return ticket....
Any experience / thoughts??
Old Jan 1, 2020, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by ehud
Not sure....As this is an immediate turnaround I thought it would be wiser to have a return ticket....
Hi,

As it is a return ticket , each leg will have effectively its own coupon so each leg will count separately. You should be fine.

Regards

TBS
Old Jan 1, 2020, 3:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
A return will be 2 coupons.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 4:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
We did / do have problems where (for example) you book something like SFO-LAX-LAS. Occasionally AA would have the same flight number for both sectors, and even more occasionally someone would have only a single SFO-LAS credit, even though there were in reality 2 different boarding passes, aicraft and crew involved.

In your case, they could hardly credit it as LAX-LAX, so I think you would be OK. But if you can find another option then out of an excess of caution I would certainly consider it.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks.
Not many option out of LAX with decent prices and leaving after work (around 5PM) and returning same day.
Having a flight LAX-JFK-LHR early next morning...
Old Jan 1, 2020, 4:26 am
Original Poster

The fact that these flights are operated by 'Compass Airlines as American Eagle' won't be a problem?
Old Jan 1, 2020, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
The fact that these flights are operated by 'Compass Airlines as American Eagle' won't be a problem?

Hi,

No it won't be a problem and will earn as normal for AA flights

Regards

TBS
Old Jan 1, 2020, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
From experience, not at all.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 5:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
You can always book two singles, since AA protects connections on separate tickets as long as they respect the minimum connection time (which should be the case since you can book it on one ticket)
Old Jan 1, 2020, 5:46 am

No, that is completely normal for American domestic flights and they credit as normal. These aren't codeshares but rather AA prime flights operated by their subcontractors.

By contrast a codeshare like American operated by Hawaiian would not credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.