Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is there a fast track at Heathrow T5 arrivals egates?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2019, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Anyone know if there is fast track access to the arrivals / immigration egates at Heathrow T5?
Old Dec 31, 2019, 4:38 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
No, not for the egates
Old Dec 31, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
You don't usually need one. It's very rare it takes more than a few minutes to get through and usually it's extremely quick. I don't think there's a fast track as such. One of the tricks incidentally is to head down to the far end as people tend to cluster near the nearer gates. Also people tend not to head for the gates with a red light even if there's only one person in there, so that's a good way of getting a little bit of a head start.

I think some foreign nationals not qualifying for the e-gates sometimes get given fast track passes through the manned desks if travelling J or F.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Thank you
Thought that was the case
Old Dec 31, 2019, 9:37 pm
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Originally Posted by bisonrav
I think some foreign nationals not qualifying for the e-gates sometimes get given fast track passes through the manned desks if travelling J or F.
You don't need a fast track pass if your boarding pass says J, F, or Gold.

However , in my experience this line is usually longer than the non egates non priority line for afternoon and evening arrivals. The only time it comes in handy is the morning arrivals after the Asian flights arrive, but even then the priority line takes 45 minutes.

To answer the original OP question, no there is no fast track at egates, but I've never waited more than 10 minutes before it was my turn!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.